Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amiga Public Domain site focusing on games from the 80s and 90s

Hi,

Two months ago I set up a website focussing on Amiga Public domain games which were available during the 80s and 90s from public domain libraries like Virus Free, 17 Bit,Crazy Joes and Blitterchips in the UK. The aim of the site is to raise the profile of amiga public domain games as it seems harder to find a disk images or information on public domain games than it does for a commercial game.

The website contains polls, disk images, reviews, videos and has grown considerably over the last few weeks- the website address is amigapd.com - Hope you like it.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:28 ----------

As it was my first post I couldn't include the link

www.amigapd.com

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice idea to focus just on PD games. There are a lot of them available, and some great ones to be discovered.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice project! There's a lot of fun stuff to be discovered in the various PD-archives.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

This sounds awesome - I repopulated the loft last night and put my box of PD back up there. My plan is still to make it all available as I know I have disks which aren't on the intarwebs, I just need one of those Kryoflux things!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A cheaper option would just be an Amiga and an ADF maker or Amiga Forever and a null modem cable. Most PD disks tend to be standard Amiga format to make distribution easy, so there should be no issue in creating ADFs from them.

Failing that I can always convert them all over for you, post the ADFs on classicamiga and post the disks back to you.

Heh heh...it's a BIG box! I was also thinking of scanning the front of the disks for a more complete archive. I'll let you know if I decide to take you up on this

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi
    I used to sell PD long ago and I remember one game called 'attack of the mutant camels', it was actually written by Dug Addams, who wrote 'the hitchhikers guide...', I could never finish it, always had me in stiches, I'd laugh so much it hurt and I'd get killed! In demo mode it was more entertaining than Sunday night at the Palladiam! Be nice to know that its still around....

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice site. I like it. Good work, congratulations.

There were some PD games that were more playable and better than some commercials.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgit View Post
    hi
    I used to sell PD long ago and I remember one game called 'attack of the mutant camels', it was actually written by Dug Addams, who wrote 'the hitchhikers guide...', I could never finish it, always had me in stiches, I'd laugh so much it hurt and I'd get killed! In demo mode it was more entertaining than Sunday night at the Palladiam! Be nice to know that its still around....
    "Attack of the Mutant Camels" was actually written by Jeff Minter, who is obsessed with exotic animals in his games... and his company is called llamasoft. Still making games today and an illustrator friend of mine has created some of the artwork used for his games over the years.