Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've dug out" Techy Alison's" email and contacted her to ask, so hopefully I will get a reply and find out what is happening. It has a huge resource of information for the ST and it would be a waste to lose it.

BTW, Bloodwych. Same for me. Upgraded from an Amstrad CPC to an ST in '87 and really enjoyed the system until 1989 when a friend bought an A500 and I instantly knew it was better.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I had my 520ST in the similar time frame. 1986-89, with the single sided drive. My friend had the ST with the separate disk drive.

What were your first ST games? I remember them clearly - Barbarian, Starwars and Super Sprint. On black single sided disks!
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine was a 520STFM. It came with Ranarama, so that was the first game I played on the ST when I got it. Not sure what other first games i had as I bought quite a few over time. Barbarian and Rampage instantly spring to mind as favourites though. And I remember the day I purchased the Star Wars Trilogy, containing the original Starwars wireframe game, plus the 2 arcade sequels. That was brilliant at the time having the same sampled Star Wars Obi Wan samples as the arcade original. We should start a new thread and reminisce about the ST.

Eventually that STFM died when the PSU blew. I sold it on ebay for spares years ago. Then a while back someone on Amibay was offering an STFM to a good home so i grabbed it to relive some of the great memories of the system, and soon after that got hold of an STE also.

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, Rampage was a great game multiplayer. I somehow preferred Defender of the Crown on the ST too. It seemed to run faster and the music sounded better - more crisp and true - without the softer tones of the Amiga version.

IK+ also was great on the ST. As was Guantlet and Time Bandit.

STE was a nice machine. Went a long way to catching up to the Amiga 500. Shame it never got much software that really used it.
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yeah, Gauntlet. We played that a lot multiplayer on the ST And Captain Blood... as mentioned elsewhere on the forums it was a better version than the Amiga one. Clearer samples in the Jarre music and sampled speech for the aliens.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gauntlet? Huh, one of my favourites in Amstrad CPC 6128. Playing all day with a friend.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is a classic Phantom; I played it all day once on the spectrum two player - using keys. That was a cramp fest!
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Atari-forum.com It's on-line again !
    A500 - A600 - A1200

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the heads up Tiago - I knew it'd be back!
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, great news indeed.

I couldn't see any mention of why it was down, but some members have posted thank you's for it being back up. Lets hope it stays up now. Maybe time to archive some of the best and most useful posts containing information on there.