Hello,

i got GT5 yesterday.

OMG, very good.
    anyone got it?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

The Darth Popsicle! VIP
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Got it as well. Great game, classic GT. Driving physics are, again, spot on.

There are some minor downsides that frankly should've been ironed out after 6 years of development (quality disparity between premium cars and standard cars, for example), but overall, I'm quite pleased with this latest installment. Hopefully, PD will have some excellent DLC in store for us too sometime in the future.

Running a B-spec race at the moment while I'm writing this.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    What about the damage model of the cars, they said that there is now visible damage, but so far I could only see reviews and videos where you clearly see that there's again no real damage, only really minor bumps.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tiago please share your experience. Is this game really 1080p or not?

And what about WRC? Is to good, or it's better to buy the new WRC game alone?
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So wish I had a PS3 now to play GT5. It's the one game I've been waiting for before looking to buy one, and now it is here I can't currently afford one. Will see in the new year.

I've read some mixed reviews of GT5. Some more aligned with the PS3 are praising it greatly, whereas other more multiformat platforms are being quite as shining in their praise. I'm personally not that bothered about damage modeling. Although realism is one of its key selling points in terms of racing and the number of accurately modeled cars, GT has always mixed accurate modeling with a more forgiving arcade feel, unlike some sim racers that can be so unforgiving in their detail that you need to practice for months before you can cross the finish line. GT has always balanced this well. Personally I prefer to be able to get back into a race and come fighting from the back again after a big crash, rather than games that model damage so well you find yourself losing wheels and needing to abort and restart the race.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This game is really 1080P !!!

the intro is i dont know but at least 5 minutes of real image full HD, they recorded a factory prodution of steel or aluminium (i gues), this 5 minutes are the best you can see in HD. After the intro goes into computer graphicsm showing a bit of the circuits/cars. 10 minutes total intro +/-

about the WRC, i try 3 different stages, both snow and gravel. It's quite good. But so far i dont have access to many rally tracks, don't know if i will get more tracks... but if i go to arcade mode, where i can access a lot of stuff, i have some really tracks, but not as much as a dedicated game, so if you like rally, you should buy a dedicated rally game. GT5 is really good, mas i would say it's more specialized in tarmar or "normal" circuits, and not so much in rally tracks... but it's very good.
    It also has nascar circuits, someold circuits from GT4 nad some F1 circuits as well.
    The detail is fantastic, yesterady i was paying attention to details, for example, the grass around the circuit is perfect, some parts is good grass with vivid green, and the parts more close to track, are less green, more yellow/brown, the effects are very good, you look at the grass, and it's now only a green field, it has a lot of detail. But also track are nice, buildings, i would say, everything !! And the cars, omg !! so much detail !!!!

i dont like only one thing that is common in car games. There is a lot of reflection/mirrors on cars, every car is shinning, they look like mirrors, even if the car it's very clean, you dont have so much reflection in real life. I dont know why the put so much reflections.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the WRC part full with championship and all stages etc? Or it's just an Arcade mode like the previous GT4?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    i dont like only one thing that is common in car games. There is a lot of reflection/mirrors on cars, every car is shinning, they look like mirrors, even if the car it's very clean, you dont have so much reflection in real life. I dont know why the put so much reflections.
    Probably to never see minor flaws on the cars.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is the WRC part full with championship and all stages etc? Or it's just an Arcade mode like the previous GT4?
    I dont know yet, so far i can only access rally tracks but arcade mode, in GT mode, i still dont have access to them, i dont know if it will be a champiionship, but i think it will be like the rest of the competitions, a 3 race tournemant ... 4 or 5 races, but no more then that.

In arcade you get at the begining of the game 2 or 3 rally cars, so more then that, but later you can get Lancia stratus, Delta Audi A4 etc...
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I will go for Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, much more my style of racing game, I don't like simulations.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have both GT5 and Hot Pursuit, and to be honest Hot Pursuit is getting far more playtime on my end. It's tons of fun, especially online. And this is coming from someone who very rarely venture online in games. GT5 on the other hand.. Well I only tried it for a couple of hours. But those couple of hours just seemed like the same old, you know? There are lots of things I haven't done in it yet, like WRC races, so I'll definitely be playing it more. It certainly isn't bad, but right now I'm having more fun with Need For Speed, so GT5 will have to wait a little.

Oh about that damage thing; you progress in GT5 by increasing in levels. And that damage is apparently something you unlock in a while. At the start the cars are still as indestructible as ever. No idea why they did it like that, some people are suggesting that it's because they want you to learn to drive without damaging the cars much before exposing you to the effects of it. Supposedly it's very expensive to keep smashing up your ride in the game.