Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Novatech - Great customer service and support

I've been using the computer store Novatech for some time now to buy computer components and other related items, and have always impressed with their customer service and speed of delivery.

I purchased a PC PSU from them last year (Thermaltake Toughpower modular 750W) and whilst it has been stable and worked well, it recently developed a fault and would not power off when the system shut down. Instead it would continue running, powering the fans and HDDs even though the system had switched off. Only by using the switch on the PSU itself would it switch off, and as soon as you switched it back on the fans would spin up, although then pressing the case on button would allow it to work perfectly and the system would boot.

So I pulled the PSU out of the system, found the original box and receipt and popped into the Portsmouth branch of Novatach to see what they could do. The PSU had a 3 year warranty, but was over a year old, so i wasn't sure if they would be willing to help, or instead offer to send it off to Thermaltake and wait to see what they said. Novatech had a second customer service desk with the store through a separate entrance, which is a great idea so that customers are not held up by service and returns. I explained the problem with the PSU and the assistant said one of their technicians would look at the PSU within 3 days and get back to me. They stuck an RMA sticker on both the PSU and my invoice and I went away.

A couple of days later I got a phone call saying they had tested the PSU and found it to be faulty, but because they no longer stocked that PSU they would need to send it off to Thermaltake to be checked. A couple of days after this I then received another phone call from Novatach saying they could not replace the faulty PSU with the same model because Thermaltake could no longer provide the same model. So instead they offered to allow me to pick an alternative PSU for a similar price. The original PSU had cost £80, and they allowed me £80-85. So I picked the Coolermaster Silent Pro 700W modular PSU from their site, rang Novatech back to let them know, and the replacement PSU arrived by courier the next day! Now that is great customer service and after sales support!

Very pleased.

Has anyone else here using Novatech? And what has your experiences of them been like?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ordered my OCZ PSU, Seagate HD, Intel processor and Crucial Balistix memory from them.

Took several weeks to come as the memory had to be back ordered, and they didn't respond to my email about when to expect delivery until the memory had arrived with them.

Can't complain though, as you can't really expect a speedy delivery when an item is not in stock.

I would happily use them again.