Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Total War - a PT game

Harrison,
    i found a Portuguese Programmer that created a game called "Total War" in 1992. The game is shareware
    I didn't found on the CA site.
    I talked to him by facebook and he gave me the ADF that i will test it today.
    I will give you the info and screenshoots of it so you can insert it on the database.

He tell me that it has a review in Amiga Format n.33:
    He gave me the following text from the mag.
    Some time ago, i saw some website that has scans of magazines, does it have scans of Amiga Format?

" This is one of those great games. The board-game version (Risk) will be familiar to many readers, but the basic idea is this. The playing area is the world, about the time of the Napoleonic Wars. Up to six people can play at once. The game starts with the planet being randomly partitioned, with armies of the occupying player being put on them.

The object of the game is to either conquer a certain number of countries (playing for missions) or the whole world. You get a certain number of reinforcements each turn (more if you own a whole continent or two). You can gain extra arrnies by playing cards - when you conquer one country, you get a card. Trade in three cards for more armies - the number you get depends on the combination.

This version is a straight port over of the board-game, and the computer will play if less than six people are around. lt's quite easy to work out how to play (the mouse is used almost exclusively). Winning is more elusive - you can be on top of the world one minute, only to be vanquished the next.

The game was written with AMOS, by Paulo Laureano. Graphics by Waddingtons (competently copied by Francisco Cordeiro). lf you liked the board-game you will love this one. I know I do. "
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice find. I will definitely add that into the database when you have made some screenshots.

The CA database still only mostly has commercial games, so there are a lot of shareware titles still to be added. Definitely something to be doing.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!