Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would love to play Dogs of War again - pls help

Hi

New to this forum and looking for some help, a friend and I were talking last night about how much we used to love playing on his Amiga in particular the game Dogs of War.

Neither of us are brilliant with computers however I thought it would be great if i could find someway for us to be able to play the game again. I'm using a Mac and had, maybe naively, thought i'd be able to easily find someway of just playing it online.

Can anyone help? I'd love to be able to play on this again.

Cheers

Mark

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Mark and welcome,

Sadly you cannot play Amiga games in a browser. A couple of Amiga games have been converted into online flash games that do run in the browser, but only a couple.

To play Amiga games you will need to use an Emulator, and if you are using a PC then you will want the one called WinUAE. Found at http://www.winuae.net This can be a little confusing to setup for a beginner because additional files which are still copyrighted are required to make the emulator work.

However, as more and more people keep asking about the ability to run Amiga games and not knowing how, I've decided to create a download that will contain the emulator setup and ready to run. Plus instructions on how to use it to get games working. I will see if I have the time this week to do this.

Failing that, there is a commercial package available that using the WinUAE emulator and it is designed to be easy for anyone to use and play games with. The package is called Amiga Forever and can be found at www.amigaforever.com, and it comes with licensed copies of all the files needed to make it work. It is quite expensive for what it is though, considering all the software it uses can be downloaded free. However, for a beginner it is an easy option if you didn't mind paying.

Failing that, I will try to get the setup I have planned available this week, alone with a guide.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!