Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Discount for Kaspersky security products

As you all know, Kaspersky is my favourite security program at the moment, and has been for the past few years.

My licence is about to expire and the program popped up a message today saying I had 9 days left to update. I then remembered that in the latest issue of the Royal Mail employee newspaper that they was a discount code on their special offers page.

If anyone else here is interested in buying a copy of any of the Kaspersky range of software, then you can use the following code to get a 50% discount on them all.

Code: Royalmail25

Or go directly to the Royal Mail discount page of their site by going to:

http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/royalmail

I hope that is useful to some of you.

BTW, if you haven't used Kaspersky before, then it is still one of the best security suites available, but it is also one of the most complicated, with a lot of features to configure, which can confuse anyone not up to speed with security features.

A good review of the 2010 suite can be found at:

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/softw...-security-2011

If you would prefer a security suite aimed more at the home user then Norton 2010 is recommended. It has fixed the huge memory and cpu usage issues of past versions and has a 99% detection rate in recent tests. It is still more cpu and memory hungry than Kaspersky, but is easier to use. Or you could look at Avira, Bit Defender or the excellent free suite Comodo which I also highly recommend for general home users.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I use BitDefender at the moment on y laptop, but it's still in the test phase. So far it runs now for 10 days, and doesn't seem to cause no problems. Slowdowns are non existing, and virus/firewall/malware protection is very good. I use the total security version, and use it with the key I found, which makes it usable until 2047, whatever it means, but at least it seems to work. If there will be a problem with the key at some point, I'll gonna buy it, it's only about 35£ for 1 year for 3 PCs.

Anyway, thanks for the discount, but Kaspersky is only the 3rd on my list of security software.

You can get Kaspersky 2010 free if you have a Barclays current account, you just download it from the Online Banking and kaspersky send you a new code each year.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good to know for anything looking to open a new bank account. I'm with Santander so no such luck there. Are there any restrictions with the version they provide? 1 PC single license?

No, it's the full version. 3 computer licence, 1 year, no restrictions. And when your year elapses, you download the latest version and apply for another code.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't get the discount for Luxembourg, is that not possible? It's only a software download!! It's only England, Ireland or Falkland Islands.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to update and let you all know that this discount is still working. It is included in my latest Royal Mail monthly internal newspaper and I've just needed to renew my Kaspersky license and it worked fine, giving a 50% discount, so I opted for a 2 year, 3 PC license, which cost £44.

As before you go to http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/royalmail

It tells you to enter the code Royalmail25 during the checkout. The RM newspaper also mentioned a different Royalmail50 code but I didn't give that one a try.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm using Comodo Internet Security Pro since 3-4 months now, and I'm quite happy with it.