Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

PS3 finally hacked

Yep, you read right, the PS3 has finally been hacked. Go to the site below for more information.

http://psjailbreak.com/

PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.

Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.

Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA

PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.

Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)

Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.

Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.

Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.

Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 23rd August 2010 at 17:22.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this really true ?????????????????????????

how's the first to try it?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read about this the other day and this is great news. It has been a very long wait, but finally we have a proper solution for the PS3.

And the solution was a good one in the end. Front what I understand it switches the PS3 into development mode, which bypasses the region and copy protections of the system, allowing unsigned code to be run. Brilliant! PS3, here I come...

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    But at over €100 a pop, it's not a cheap solution.

Damn! Was looking forward to getting one of these. Also a shame it didn't come out before Demon's Souls then I'd still be on 3.15 firmware
    Last edited by v85rawdeal; 24th August 2010 at 12:58. Reason: I found the Euro symbol
    This is not a signature

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    but it is a USB pen? But does it have any hardware limitation? Can't someone just copy the software inside?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If it is just a standard pen/usb drive then I can't see any reason why not. Although they might have something custom within the hardware I would be surprised. maybe some form of copy prevention within the software? Would be a bit hypocritical but you never know.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Bear in mind the following warnings (found here)

1. This dongle only functions on a PS3 that has firmware version 3.41 , the possibility of Sony releasing a firmware update and blocking this device should be taken into account. Do not purchase this item if you want to update your system firmware in the future! We cant give any guarantee that this device might work with future firmware versions

2. Online gaming and the Playstation store will most likely be blocked by Sony. Do not purchase this item if you want to play online or use the Playstation store.
    This is not a signature

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    This dongle only functions on a PS3 that has firmware version 3.41 , the possibility of Sony releasing a firmware update and blocking this device should be taken into account. Do not purchase this item if you want to update your system firmware in the future! We cant give any guarantee that this device might work with future firmware versions.
    As the dongle is also updatable, it will possibly work like on the PSP, Sony updates firmware, hackers update dongle. But I will also wait a bit to observe what happens in the future.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Definitely worth waiting a bit before purchase, to see how long it remains successful, and what happens when Sony releases their next firmware update.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    New PS3 firmware 3.42 out today, users will not notice anything of the 168MB update, it's mainly to block the hack.