Thread: Stevie Wonder

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stevie Wonder

Anyone else here like Stevie Wonder? Especially his earlier music.

Personally I think its great and he definitely features high up on my list of all time great artists.

So many artists have covered his songs more recently, but every time I hear a cover and then listen to his original there is no comparison. Plus so many other artists have used backing rhythms or tunes from his music and I bet many people never realise.

In the past I've heard people saying how great a song is, and I have to point out that it isn't original and is a cover of a Stevie Wonder song. Quite often they never believe me until I find and play the original.

Most artists of today can never match the musical genius of artists from his era.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Vintage gamer and metal head LowercaseE's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While I don't own any of his albums or seek out his music, I do appreciate it when I hear it and agree that he is a musical genius. A friend's band does a cover of "Superstition" (heavy, but with good singing and funk) and it always goes over well with crowds.
    --------DO NOT SUPPORT LIONSGATE FILMS-------

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea, love his stuff, some of it is a bit slow, but the good faster songs are excellent! Superstition is tops!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there anyone that doesn't rate Superstition? I think it's a funking great track, I love hearing a tight band playing it live.

I've got some 2-disc Stevie Wonder best of album, but haven't listend to it for a long time. I liked some of the stuff a lot (Sir Duke, Masterblaster) but found a fair bit to be hit-and-miss