Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Wots View Post
    I prefer Comodo Internet Security (Antivirus+Firewall).
    It's free and works perfectly
    I also use Comodo on some of my PCs. It is the best free security suite for sure. Quite small on system resources and it seems to work quite well. I don't think it is quite as good as the best commercial products such as Norton or Kaspersky, but it is worth using if you don't want to pay for one.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also using it on my PCs, but only the firewall, and I use Avast as my anti virus soft.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is really weird, I will definitely stop my testing around now and stick with free software.

As you know I installed Norton again. Everything seemed to work fine, but I got the Extreme Games Manager, and that one refused to update or to be activated, giving me a message that I should let it through my firewall. In the Norton firewall was a rule that granted the application full access, whether in or outcoming traffic or whatever. I couldn't get it to work.

Another thing was that Internet Explorer couldn't connect either. I found that strange as I could perfectly connect the internet with Firefox, and both of them also had the same rule in the firewall. Today I removed Norton again, and guess what, Internet Explorer is working fine again.

That is weird, even the basic stuff getting blocked by an "award" winning firewall. Rules were set, because other programs with the same rules could actually connect. I tried for 2 hours to get these things working, resetting firewall over and over, and trying to create different rules. Nothing helped, only the removal.

That was it now for me, for years I never had problems with the free software I use, so I'm also gonna use it for the future.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From your experience it sounds like Norton is acting exacting how it always has in the past, and one of the reasons many avoid it.

Comodo do produce a great firewall and virus checker that is more than enough for most people. Why pay for something, when something exists for free?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!