Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile V3.0 RGB adapters now in stock

Hi all,

The new V3.0 RGB to PAL/NTSC adapters are now available to purchase on my website (www.amigamaniac.com).

For those that aren't familiar with previous versions, the adapter plugs into the Amiga's video port and outputs a PAL or NTSC composite and S-Video signal. It could also be used on other systems with a suitable cable.

Nathan

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.amigamaniac.com/RGB_to_PAL_NTSC_adapter.html

That looks really nice. And the attention to detail is great. Really shows the level of work you have put into this. Also great to see the header for multiple system support. Excellent inclusion.

One question. What happens to the display output if the user selects a high frequency screenmode such as DblPAL or VGA?

BTW, nice to see you Nathan. Not seen you around much for a while. Great to see you are still working on these great projects. Good luck with the sales.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amigamaniac View Post
    Hi all,

The new V3.0 RGB to PAL/NTSC adapters are now available to purchase on my website (www.amigamaniac.com).

For those that aren't familiar with previous versions, the adapter plugs into the Amiga's video port and outputs a PAL or NTSC composite and S-Video signal. It could also be used on other systems with a suitable cable.

Nathan
    Do you have a video comparison showing the quality of this vs the standard video out to tv on an old Amiga.
    I saw t his video on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDP8cvIXtFY
    he used a different kit that cost more and required opening and soldering to the motherboard.

Your kit looks much more easy friendly and and cost less so my only concern is video quality.

I picked up an Amiga 1000 from ebay and the video out to a tv isnt so pretty so I want to go with Svideo as RGB is pretty price to find here in the States.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not really sure what would happen TBH. It would be interesting for someone to try and let me know I know that it works fine in any resolution, even interlaced. Of course the display needs a built in flicker-fixer for the image to look nice.

I've been busy with uni and/or in a funk (i.e., depressed and not feeling like doing anything whatsoever).

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by adolobe View Post
    I picked up an Amiga 1000 from ebay and the video out to a tv isnt so pretty so I want to go with Svideo as RGB is pretty price to find here in the States.
    That did always strike me as strange that the US never adopted a proper RGB standard like Europe. We have been enjoying RGB scart connections on our TVs for a long time here, and this does make it very easy to get a good image from Amigas directly from the Amiga RGB port. Mos TVs have also had S-Video and composite too, so every connection combination was available.

At least now HDTV is becoming the standard the picture quality is finally becoming of a similar standard in the US, and with HDMI it removes the connection issues for current hardware.

I think Nathan's hardware will give you a great picture from your A1000. As it is an OCS (original chipset) machine you don't have the higher AGA resolutions to worry about.

BTW, the A1000 (along with a CDTV) are the 2 Amiga models I'm still hoping to one day own decent examples of. A couple of the best examples that show how ahead of the times the Amiga really was back then.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hehe, if anyone notices that "depressed" comment, don't worry about it :-) I don't feel suicidal or anything like that, just extremely amotivated at those times - basically very tired and super lazy and not feeling like doing anything whatsoever :-D

Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried DblPAL and the picture went haywire, so I assume the same would happen in the other two modes.

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    http://www.amigamaniac.com/RGB_to_PAL_NTSC_adapter.html

That looks really nice. And the attention to detail is great. Really shows the level of work you have put into this. Also great to see the header for multiple system support. Excellent inclusion.

One question. What happens to the display output if the user selects a high frequency screenmode such as DblPAL or VGA?

BTW, nice to see you Nathan. Not seen you around much for a while. Great to see you are still working on these great projects. Good luck with the sales.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cheers for testing it out. I did think it might scramble the screen but you never know until you try.