Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm desperate for a solution to a big problem with UAE4Droid.....hopefully someone here knows!?!

Ok, so I have an Xperia Play, and running the latest version of UAE4Droid.....however, on a few two player+ games, there seems to be an absolutely massive flaw with the controls, whereby if you hit the fire button, it was start a two player game.

This is basically making those games unplayable. Take Nitro for example, a superb racing game. Use it on UAE4Droid and its utterly useless - two players come up, start the game, and player 2 is rendered useless. Even worse for a game like Midnight Resistance as again, it runs it as two player, and its a scrolling game, and won't move unless the second player is moving!!!!

Its hugely frustrating, as the emulator appears to run fairly effectively, with good speed, low sound glitches (a slight delay perhaps, but not hugely problematic) and relatively compatible.

Does anyone have a fix/workaround/solution? I've tried a couple of things with the pad physical control settings but still no joy. Wondering if other Android users are getting the same issues? Be it on another device or the Xperia Play?

Please respond, its heartbreaking that its not working properly!!! Nitro is one of my favourite games!!!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,
    i also have UAE4Droid, and i was able to play just a few games. Many of them dont run, or the controls are impossible to use...
    In some cases i found that 2 keys at same time are quite difficult, so almost impossible to play. But there are games that i can play,
    but never notice that problem.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Hi,
    i also have UAE4Droid, and i was able to play just a few games. Many of them dont run, or the controls are impossible to use...
    In some cases i found that 2 keys at same time are quite difficult, so almost impossible to play. But there are games that i can play,
    What Android phone are you running UAE4droid on? Have you tried Nitro or Midnight Resistance? If not, please could you try for me (pretty please!) and see if you also get similar issues.

I was wondering if it was an Xperia Play issue as it has a full hardware keyboard, but sounds like it could be generally uae4droid.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've also got an Xperia Play and have had similar mixed success with different games. I've not tried Nitro yet so will give it a try when i get chance and let you know how it runs.

Have you also tried any other emulators on your Play yet? MAME4Droid is brilliant and fully supports the MAME4ALL rom set. Also SNesoid and Gensoid are good. And N64oid really impressed me by how well it emulated N64 games. My favourite at the moment is FPse, which is much better than psx4droid and runs everything perfectly I've thrown at it so far.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I've also got an Xperia Play and have had similar mixed success with different games. I've not tried Nitro yet so will give it a try when i get chance and let you know how it runs.

Have you also tried any other emulators on your Play yet? MAME4Droid is brilliant and fully supports the MAME4ALL rom set. Also SNesoid and Gensoid are good. And N64oid really impressed me by how well it emulated N64 games. My favourite at the moment is FPse, which is much better than psx4droid and runs everything perfectly I've thrown at it so far.
    Absolutely - MAME4Droid, SNESoid, NESoid, GBA, Megadrive, Master System. All work really well, although need to download more MAME roms, as always found them fiddly to run and configure.

N64 emulation i've seen on youtube with mixed success.....i'm a bit of a perfectionist though, and the glitches would irritate me! The Wii runs N64 games the best, so i stick to my N64 kicks on that.

FPse? Is there any way i can get this emulator without having to pay for it? Is it easy to set up? I have loads of PSX Isos as i run them as eboots on the PSP (which is arguably the best PSX emulator of all!).

Disappointed with the C64 emulator though - seems to run poorly, and why can't you remove the virtual onscreen keys on the XP? Seems odd. UAE4Droid would be good if this two player issue didn't come about.....so if you COULD test it, i would be eternally grateful!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth81 View Post
    Hi,
    What Android phone are you running UAE4droid on? Have you tried Nitro or Midnight Resistance? If not, please could you try for me (pretty please!) and see if you also get similar issues.

I was wondering if it was an Xperia Play issue as it has a full hardware keyboard, but sounds like it could be generally uae4droid.
    Ok, i will try it, let you now after.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,

Ok, i will try it, let you now after.
    Thanks Tiago - appreciate your help.

I'm hoping that my issue can be solved - it seems ridiculous to be honest that this one has slipped through the net. Is there any way I can directly contract the UAE4Droid developers?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    FPse? Is there any way i can get this emulator without having to pay for it? Is it easy to set up? I have loads of PSX Isos as i run them as eboots on the PSP (which is arguably the best PSX emulator of all!).
    I initially obtained an APK for FPse to try it out, as like you I didn't want to buy something I had never seen or tried first. It definitely runs much better than PSX4Droid and has a lot more configurations available, and runs much better out of the box. The version I obtained wasn't the latest one, and whilst it emulated everything I tried perfectly it had an issue with keymapping on the Xperia Play. So I bit the bullet and updated FPse to the full paid version and this fixed that issue, plus as it was a much newer version so added a more polished interface and more advanced features.

You can read my full post about it here:

http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/...-and-PocketISO

I will PM you about the APK

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sephiroth81,
    i tested both games you wanted, and it happends the same with me, he allways starts in 2 player mode.
    Nitro says in screen, that 2 joysticks are playing, i try to start as keyboard but i was not able to do it, always 2 player mode in both games.... quite strange...

I can only run games as kick 2.04.... 1.3 or 3.1 dont work with me... dont know why.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sephiroth81,
    i tested both games you wanted, and it happends the same with me, he allways starts in 2 player mode.
    Nitro says in screen, that 2 joysticks are playing, i try to start as keyboard but i was not able to do it, always 2 player mode in both games.... quite strange...

I can only run games as kick 2.04.... 1.3 or 3.1 dont work with me... dont know why.
    Thanks for trying Tiago. Its a pretty big flaw to be honest, and I would like to get in touch with the developer of UAE4Droid to alert them to it, so it can be rectified. I'm sure its not a difficult fix.

Anyone have an email address or contact webform i can send feedback to the UAE4Droid team??

As for kickstart - i thought it only ran A500 kickstart software, ie 1.3. Guess its worth trialling and downloading a few.