Timberwolf Alpha 1 - Released!

The following information was found at Amigabounty.net:

We have to apologize for the long absence. Workload, personal issues and other things slowed down development considerably.

However, we're finally able to make the first binary release of Timberwolf. This is going to be an Alpha version, meaning it will be prone to crashing and misbehavior, it will be slow, and not all functionality is implemented yet.

Future plans include an update to the latest baseline source code of Firefox (3.7 beta), an Amiga-specific theme, as well as a major rewrite of the rendering code. The current version of the rendering code (Did we mention it's an alpha release ?) has some conceptual problems that will lead to misrenderings, and massive overdraw (some webpages might be rendered 2 to 8 times, you may notice the window will turn black several times during page buildup).

Feedback is welcome; please point your browsers at http://amigans.net and visit the Timberwolf support forum.

Have fun with the first release.
I've tried out Timberwolf myself on my computer and it worked fine. The speed was OK and the websites I visited looked as they should. I can post some screenshots if there is any interest for it.