Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Captain Blood sequel ???

Yesterday i on youtube and i found Commander Blood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander_Blood

Commander Blood is a science fiction adventure game that was developed by Cryo Interactive, a French company that also created Captain Blood (released in 1988). Designed to run on DOS, Commander Blood was released in 1994. Big Bug Bang, the sequel to Commander Blood, was released in 1996, but is only available in French.

Anyone played this game? Is it good? Captain blood i thing is a fantastic game, if this is a true sequel i would love to try it.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not tried it but you can find more info here.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Loved the eerie feeling of C.Blood. Nice spot.

Never heard of this, but it sound like it wasn't great although made by the same people.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a huge fan of Captain Blood. If you look at the main site you might spot this by the amount of detail I've added to the Captain Blood game entry. Being a big Jarre fan back in the late 80's, the arrival of the game, featuring an original music score by him was something very special.

Sadly the game was not its best on the Amiga, but was instead best on the Atari ST!!!! Why? Because it contained better audio. Hard to believe, but true! The aliens actually spoke in the ST version, but not the Amiga one. And I completed the game on an ST the year it came out. Great experience.

I know of the sequel, Commander Blood, and even have a copy somewhere. It was quite different to the original and definitely not as good. It was at the time when the "multimedia PC" buzz was taking place and all PC games were fighting to get the best use of FMV and MIDI in their games. Commander Blood featured puppeteer FMV for the aliens, but they altered the appearance of many of them, compared to the original game.

The sequel also changed the story from the original and so it didn't quite hold up as a sequel.

As for a third game, I've never heard of one existing. I just had a look at Big Bug Bang on Mobygames and it sounds like a mix of Captain Blood and Spore. Could be interesting to play. I know it is in French, but I expect it would be fairly easy to work out as the game interface is identical to Commander Blood.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Captain Blood that we are talking about is not related to the movie Captain Blood, it's a different story.
    Captain Blood video game (Atari, Amiga) is a space game. the movie is about a saylor in a past century.
    There is now a Captain Blood game for Xbox based on that movie novel. Nothing related to the one we are talking
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I take it you were replying to a post above your own that has since been removed? We have had some spammers on the site lately that use advanced automated techniques, taking the existing posts in a thread, and using the internet to gain related facts, then post a reply that seems to be a real person replying. The fact this one seemed to have take Captain Blood and linked it to the film, rather than the game, shows its flaws.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, that was one of the posts I removed today. Sorry Tiago, didn't see you had allready replied to it. I would've left the post so yours would make sense if I had.