Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

PCMCIA reset problem fix

The A1200 has a PCMCIA reset issue where, if an A1200 using PCMCIA cards like a network card is reset, the card doesn't reset and will not work after a soft reset of the Amiga unless it is removes and reinserted.

There are hardware fixes for this, by soldering the motherboard, and also a hardware fix from Amigakit that fits over the Gayle chip. However, there is also a simple software solution that fixes this. http://aminet.net/package/util/boot/CardReset It just requires added a file to C: and a line to the startup-sequence.

It is now becoming more common for A1200 users to have a network card or CF card adapter in use with their A1200 in the PCMCIA slot. So could this software fix be added to the ClassicWB packages to automatically have it? Maybe an option in the installer to enable it or not?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If customers buy EasyADF PCMCIA CF Adapter or PCMCIA Network card from us, the installer automatically will detect A1200 and ask to install the software PCMCIA reset patch for the customer. This saves them having to download and install it themselves by hand.

Here is the hardware PCMCIA CC_Reset Fix Adapter you were referring to:
    http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=637
    [url=amigakit.leamancomputing.com]AmigaKit.com[/url] - Amiga store

[url=amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/newproducts.php]New Products[/url] [b]USA Toll Free Order Tel: 1-888-698-6758[/b]

[b]We don't charge Paypal charges. We ship worldwide[/b]

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good point Harrision, this was discussed over at EAB recently:

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=52235

I mentioned that I thought this was now part of the latest CFD/cardflash.device driver included in the packs, and, as mentioned above, it also gets added when people run the Amigakit install disk.

I'm still not 100% sure if this needs adding or if the patch is already part of the latest CFD driver. I still think it's part of the driver when reading the history in the readme, and users seem to verify this.

However, if it isn't then yes I agree it should be added.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench