Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The 060 for the Natami is only for the development boards. The final release board will have a new CPU based on 68000 architecture but running a lot faster and it should be a perfect candidate for Netsurf 68k at the very least.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good news

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the replies. The hardwasre I am running is a Blizzard 1260 with 16MB of RAM. Just got hold of the SCSI adaptor and I am going to install another 64MB of RAM giving me a total of 80MB.

I think I will try Ibrowse. I know I am not going to get a web browser of todays standards but I don't really need it, I just want to get it networked and have a play

Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,

A DIMM is a 3.3v memory module manufactured in the millions for the mass PC market.

The Amiga is a 5v machine with a proprietary Zorro III bus. To synchronize the fast SDRAM with the Amiga takes custom logic interface and extensive R&D. All this added to a Zorro card in small quantities of hundreds of boards (not thousands) costs a lot of money (financial risk that AmigaKit.com has taken).

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    But, is that a CPU or ram limitation issue? With the new ZorRam board from Amigakit making it theoretically possible to have 1GB of ram in an A3000 or A4000, that would take care of the ram limitations. All be it costing over £400 just to get 1GB of ram, which is expensive by any ones standards (a 1GB DIMM is what, £12-20 these days by comparison, making it 2000% more expensive!).
    [url=amigakit.leamancomputing.com]AmigaKit.com[/url] - Amiga store

[url=amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/newproducts.php]New Products[/url] [b]USA Toll Free Order Tel: 1-888-698-6758[/b]

[b]We don't charge Paypal charges. We ship worldwide[/b]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No need to take a defensive stance. We fully understand and appreciate the development of the Zorro based ram expansion card, and for A3000 and A4000 owners it does offer a huge expansion potential to allow these Amigas much more freedom. And being based on obsolete and proprietary Amiga expansion slot design will always push the price up.

However, comparing costs of ZorRam against say PC3200 ram on a ram size for size comparison was really to show that retro hardware is not comparable against more recent technology, and any new hardware for a retro system will always command a premium due to limited manufacture compared to large scale PC manufacture..

BTW, have you considered a PCI Ram expansion that does use DDR Ram or SDRam modules? This potentially has a much wider user base than Zorro 3 equiped big box Amigas as there are a lot of people with Towered A1200's that have PCI boards fitted and would love a ram expansion solution that works with their PCI slots.
    Last edited by Harrison; 7th October 2010 at 11:43.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!