Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cycling

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes i have noticed that aswell. I cycle during daylight hours so theres no excuse of not seeing me unless thy are blind.
    At the moment i use main roads were i live. Country roads are bumpy for a racer.
    Many Thanks
    Andrew1971

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last time I nearly got run over by a car was because I was in a bus lane where the traffic lights hadn't detected my presence and hence refused to change to green, so I had no choice but to go through the red light, and consequently nearly got run over. Now if that happens in this particular bus lane I just go on the pavement and walk across.

Last year, I did make a bright light for my bike (using an MR11 lamp and a sealed lead acid battery): http://stevecoates.net/bikelights/. I used it a bit but found it a bit pointless a lot of the time because most of the main roads were illuminated by streetlights, making a bright light unnecessary (take note, car drivers). Been to college on the bike a few times recently, and that is mostly unlit country roads. Unfortunately, using my little AAA battery powered LED light, I couldn't see the road for half the journey.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not forget visability on a bike or as a pedestrian is much better than driving a car. Even with street lights, car lights are still very much needed. So the point of bikes having lights in such areas is really just so car drivers can see them.
    Last edited by Harrison; 14th October 2012 at 19:24.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's true, Harrison. Yesterday was both dark and rainy. While driving I spotted a cyclist that had blinking lights on his bike.. great stuff.. I would have trouble spotting him if he didn't!
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been a while, but I now have a good bike and can actually pick up some speed. I have now done over 300 km...

Length of equator (m) 40,075,035.54
    1 degree of longitude in m 111319.54
    Date 8/10/2012
    Distance travelled to date (m) 306777
    Time Taken 14:02:27
    Average Speed (km/h) 21.85
    Time til completion (Days) 75.84
    Degrees of longitude travelled 2.755823461
    Percentage travelled 0.77%
    Starting at Macapá, Brazil, travelling West… (R. Jose Luis Barata – 0,-51.075933)
    CURRENT LOCATION: 0, -48.32011
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Submeg, cool.

Does the Crosstrail feel like a mountain bike? I have the 2009 Crosstrail which is kinda a mix between a road bike and a mountain bike, but I noticed over the last few years, they have made it look more and more like a mountain bike.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Um, if you have the front shocks open the whole way, it feels like a lightweight mountain bike. But if you lock the shocks, it's a heavy road bike that can corner better. Perfect for what I was looking for.

I am extremely motivated to ride now, I've been doing at least 30 km to 100 km a week for the past few weeks. Losing weight quickly but my legs are getting massive! Pants will be a problem soon!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg;49745[I
    ]....snip....[/I]

I am extremely motivated to ride now, I've been doing at least 30 km to 100 km a week for the past few weeks. Losing weight quickly but my legs are getting massive! Pants will be a problem soon!
    Thats why the pro's wear Spandex. You just gotta ask yourself if you are kinky or brave enough to dare them.

The doc says I'll need at least one knee replacement before I'm 60, so no biking for me thesedays. Bah @ getting 0ld0r and no real excuse to wear Spandex.
    Getting 0ld0r is mandatory - Growing up is just an option.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Lycra clothing is ideal on a bike. Comfortable, doesn't get in the way, looks cute, faster etc.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
    Lycra clothing is ideal on a bike. Comfortable, doesn't get in the way, looks cute, faster etc.
    Lycra wouldn't look well on me, you'd better believe it.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog