Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Disruption on EAB

It all kicked off this week on EAB with an announcement by the very long standing member, Galahad/FLT, that he was leaving the site for good due to underhanded comments by CodyJarrett, a Global Moderator of EAB who should have known better (long time members of CA will know this individual) and damaged the long standing relations between them.

Gladly, it is good to see that Galahad/FLT decided on reflection not to leave and is sticking around on there to continue. Great news, and good to see CJ's behaviour didn't lose a valued member of the community.

If you missed it, then catch up here.

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=52787

It's also worth reading the comment CJ posted that creating this in the first place:

http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=669555&postcount=13

And I think the following quote taken from the thread sums things up nicely

Please do not let one retard ruin it for the rest of us (And i challenge that RETARD to publicly tell us it was HIM who made you decide this, Well, i bet that will not happen, COWARD !).

Am I sorry for calling this person a Coward ?, No, because that is what he is. I am sure that this person has also made some sort of mistake in his lifetime, what... NO ? oh so that person is a source of complete perfection ? I guess the person involved has little or NO life other than his Amiga.
    to that man.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There seems to be something in the air at the moment!
    Within the last two weeks we've had:
    • The Zetr0 dismissal saga on AmiBay
    • The incident with me 'abusing my power' (more like, protecting my own interests) on the RG forum after some t**t posts personal details about me
    • and now this on EAB

What is the world (Internet) coming to?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very true.

Maybe the UK elections caused something in the minds of Admins/moderators/staff to take action to make things better and more democratic for the future. At least, that was the reason on Amibay.

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Very true.

Maybe the UK elections caused something in the minds of Admins/moderators/staff to take action to make things better and more democratic for the future. At least, that was the reason on Amibay.
    Well, I don't want to comment on the AmiBay situation That's all in the past as far as I'm concerned (and now I'm a mod on AmiBay, I have to be 'impartial')

As for the EAB saga? I think Galahad/FLT is over-reacting. I don't know a lot about what has been going on, as I rarely post on EAB (or even read it) so I may not know all the facts. However, when I used to be a regular poster on EAB, I found it very easy to get involved in arguments with people on there (basically, I'm hinting that there's a lot of egos on there)

As for my issues with RG? You can read about them in the AmiBay staff area, if you haven't done so already

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by woody.cool View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Very true.

Well, I don't want to comment on the AmiBay situation That's all in the past as far as I'm concerned (and now I'm a mod on AmiBay, I have to be 'impartial')

As for the EAB saga? I think Galahad/FLT is over-reacting. I don't know a lot about what has been going on, as I rarely post on EAB (or even read it) so I may not know all the facts. However, when I used to be a regular poster on EAB, I found it very easy to get involved in arguments with people on there (basically, I'm hinting that there's a lot of egos on there)

As for my issues with RG? You can read about them in the AmiBay staff area, if you haven't done so already
    I'm just happy that ClassicAmiga has never had any massive flamewar before, from my knowledge.
    Previously known as Nerdpower50.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We had some minor ones some years ago, but nothing major.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure I could start one if you want.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads