Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Probably less hassle just to accept the money and put it down to experience.
    That's what I will do (provided my relatives stop making a fuss)

I will keep an eye out for other jobs as being unemployed gets boring. Whether or not I will find something I don't know. I spent most of the last year without work.

...and everyone who's employed full-time complains that they don't have enough time to do all the stuff they'd want to do if they didn't have to spend all their time working.

Part-time is the way to go! The trick is to get paid a full-time wage for a part-time job.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pleased to say that I got a letter today saying that I can have a place on the HND course. Now I have to contact the pain-in-the-backside-service Universities and Colleges Admissions Services to formally accept it.

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by burns flipper View Post
    ...and everyone who's employed full-time complains that they don't have enough time to do all the stuff they'd want to do if they didn't have to spend all their time working.

Part-time is the way to go! The trick is to get paid a full-time wage for a part-time job.
    Have you worked out how to do this yet?
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's called being a consultant! Doesn't matter what your profession, if you can get to become a consultant you are set and don't need to work more than a couple of days a week at most.

A friend of the family works for a government research centre and decided to take early retirement a few years ago, and was asked if he would go back as a consultant. He now earns about 4 times more money and ony works a couple of days a week. At at the moment his boss has said he should write a book about everything he has ever invented, and to give him incentive to do it, said he can write the book whilst at his desk, so he will be getting paid to write a book instead of working. Quite cool. He must be good at what he does because he's got a CBE and MBE from the Queen. I do know he's invented some of the mine sweaping equipment used in the Middle East, and a lot of other stuff to help out the armed forces. Not sure what else as most is top secret... which makes me wonder if most of the book will contain blacked out lines!

And my Uncle is the same. He worked for the Police for a very long time, then took early retirement. He is now a consultant to the Police force for legal matters, and advises Police on their legal and job related rights. He only works a couple of times a week at most, and only when called to be needed, but is on a good retainer and said gets paid a lot more when he is called in, than when he ever worked there full time as a Police man. He actually no has enough money that he bought another house as an investment and rents it out.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm down for that, now I just have to be good at something
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    At least they are giving you one months money now. Although I agree that something isn't right there. Doesn't sound like the followed official procedure and are now covering their tracks. Probably less hassle just to accept the money and put it down to experience.
    [moan]
    I did get an extra weeks pay. No sign of the remaining months pay though. And my P45 came the other day. I did write to the manager and ask for some more detailed feedback, but I didn't get a response. I'll write to the Human Resources department and see if they can be of any assistance.
    [/moan]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have you had any luck finding any other work?

And are you all setup ready for college?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've not found any more work yet.

I managed to formally accept my place at Doncaster College through UCAS. Now to sort out finance through the Student Loans Company.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pleased to say that the student loan application form was nice and easy to fill in.

I got a letter today from a 'Human Resource Consultant' at the council. She said I will definitely get the rest of the money that they owe me.

I will now have to try and figure out how to make a formal complaint.