Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That vid is funny - always makes me smile those Hitler spoofs!

The Fermi is a bit of a noisy beast, but people will still buy it because it's nvidia.

I decided to camp on ebay for a bargain top-of-the-line GPU from the last generation as the upgraders want rid to help pay for their new toy.

So....I managed to bag a GTX 280 for cheap - an upgrade for my 4850. I have no brand loyalty and could have gone for a 4890 at the same price point or slightly cheaper, but I decided to give CUDA and Physx a try.

This thing is a beast - over 140 GB/s memory bandwidth at stock speeds and unlike the Fermi, is actually really quiet in 2D and not that bad in 3D. Temps are 40-75C, with idle load in watts being quite low for a top end card.

Next big upgrade will be an ATI 5870, a few years down the line! I'm going to give the GTX 480 a miss.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The movie is really good, I saw it the time it came out, and recently bought the BluRay and watched it 2 weeks ago with my girlfriend, she liked it too. Has an average of 8.4 at IMdB. Bruno Ganz won several prices for his role as Hitler. The movie was also nominated for an Oscar for best foreign film.