Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

How to install SCSI v43.45p under AmigaOS 3.9?

I finally installed a 200GB HD drive into my A4000, but as I read in forums, with the present scsi.device cannot see more than 128GB via HDToolBox.

As strange as it looks, I can see only a total of 8GB!

So, I had to download and install this from aminet, SCSI v43.45p.

I downloaded LoadModule also, but as in some forums they state that the ExtractModule tool is inside this archive, apparently it's not.

Where I can find that, and how I can get it to work?

Anyone succeed in this patch?

Thanks.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What filesystem are you using with the HDD? The standard FastFileSystem can only see 4-8GB as standard. I know OS3.9 is meant to support larger HDDs, but I've never tried myself using the built in filesystem. Instead I always use SFS and haven't had any issues.

AFAIK the 128GB limit is identical to the one that effected Windows 2000 before SP2, and if so you should be able to partition the drive into smaller partitions to utilise the whole drive. But I might be wrong regarding the Amiga.

However, the largest HDD I've used in an Amiga so far is 60GB so I don't know for certain.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm using SFS as always, but I've read somewhere that using larger hard drives than 128GB capacity, you have to patch the scsi.device with this patch on Aminet.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a dig around for you and discovered that the Extractmodule tool is included in PatchRAM.lha archive on Aminet.

I hope that helps.

However, someone else warns against using Extractmodule as it is difficult to use, and instead recommends using romupdatesplit, which is a part of the Blizkick archive. As it extracts the modules just for your specific Amiga model and automatically gives them the right names.

Let me know if it works.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks mate. I will give it a try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems that I've patched the new version of scsi.device successfully. It shows 43.45 with a version check on CLI, so I think so far so good.

Problem still applies with HDToolBox however. It can see around 185GB for the HD, but cannot create the second partition larger than 6.1GB!

I have to change the HD values methinks. Thomas told me to do with the FixHDDSize tool on Aminet. Tonight I will give it a try.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hooray!!! It worked. Now I can use all the capacity of my hard disk drive. Great.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is great news.

Now... how are you going to fill a 200GB Amiga HDD? I've yet to manage to fill a 40GB one! And I've installed everything I can think of on there.

In fact, before WHDLoad I didn't manage to fill a 1.3GB drive!

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    That is great news.

Now... how are you going to fill a 200GB Amiga HDD? I've yet to manage to fill a 40GB one! And I've installed everything I can think of on there.

In fact, before WHDLoad I didn't manage to fill a 1.3GB drive!
    Seconded!
    My A3000 has a 30GB drive in it, and it's only about 4GB full

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can fill your 30GB drive more than that though woody!

I've managed to fill about 24GB with all of the game and demo WHDLoad files using the KGWHD packs.