Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Coates View Post
How are you liking it compared to England?
I mean yeah, it's a good country, but life is life, y'know, there's always bills to pay and work to do. But the climate is certainly better and I still like my job. It's weird though, coming up to 40 I find I'm missing England quite a bit more, or maybe it's the idealised memories of England and (I suspect more prominently) my youth. The two (England, and being young) are somewhat hard to separate in my mind as of course when I was in England I was a young man and having a lot of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kin Hell View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
It is amazing how time flies! I've been married 11 years this year and my son is already 7. Happy you moved? Have you visited the UK since moving? Bet you are glad you have avoided the whole Brexit crap?

I've never met J.T. so I don't want to appear rude doing this, but if I was in J.T.'s situation since moving to Oz, I would have to retort in the following manner:

Soz, couldn't resist. - I'm even funnier after a Drink!
Heh, it'd be a wild time for sheezy

I've been married 11 years this year and my son is already 7. - "You've been Lucky, ...very Lucky"
Actually I now have 3 kids (6.5, 4.5 and 2.5) the highs are higher and the lows are lower. It's quite the ride.

Happy you moved? - "Of course of course, ....I'm still Living here...."
Yeah, although see above, I still do miss my good friends back home.

Have you visited the UK since moving? - "Nope"
Yeah heaps actually (6 times, maybe more), we wasted a lot of money and annual leave coming back for weddings, christenings etc and still got shit from our families about it.

Bet you are glad you have avoided the whole Brexit crap? - "Don't give a F'k, I don't Live in that sh!thole anymore".
I'm not in favour of Brexit, but the political leanings aside the whole thing is a ****ing mess and whichever way it ends up going, it will get worse before it gets any better. What pains me is that Britain is now viewed as a bit of a laughing stock over here now, frankly it's embarrassing. It pains me to see the country torn like this into seemingly intractable positions.

The politicians in Aus aren't much better though, it's getting messy here too.