Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Earth Hour 2010

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Earth Hour 2010

It's earth hour day today (so I just found out). You can find out more by going here.

To compensate for all those green hippie types I suggest turning on as much old energy inefficient devices as possible.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never do that, 'cause no-one do the same.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just used my electricity as normal. So, computer, 21" trinitron, 60 watt light, halogen lamps, television.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Turn off things? I didn't think computers even have an off button! Just an on switch to start them up.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had 2 TV's, my PC, my C64 and my amiga running to green offset.

If all these eco warriors want to stop the damage being done to the planet then they need to reduce the human population by two thirds. If they want to reverse the trend then by about five sixths. Till they do that they can shove their green initiatives up their arse!!!!!!!
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Exactly. Doing stupid things like 1 hour stunts are not going to change anything.

The solution is to stop deforestation completely now. Just make it illegal worldwide. I just don't get why the world's superpowers are so scared to enforce such things to stop the world being destroyed, but are very fast to act when someone in the middle east actually does reduce the world population a bit with a bomb.

There is little we can do about reducing the world population other than to start culling!!! I for one am for that idea, but I don't think those on the culling list would see it the same way. The only way is as China have been trying with 1 child per family. The most densely populated regions are also some of the poorest, with families have 10+ children each. Force then to only be allowed to have 1 or 2 children and that would make a big impact.

Those running the world need to stop all this pussyfooting around and actually just enforce these rules. Not nicely ask if everyone is OK with the ideas. Nothing will happen whilst that carries on. It is mad.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    To make sure that no body thinks we are being racist it should be a cul of five sixths of the population from every country and it should include everyone, young, old, male, female, straight, gay, clever, stupid, black white pink, yellow, blue, green and other no exceptions. Otherwise all we can look forward to is a frying earth and eating Soylent Green.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was only about switching off the lights, not computers or other power consuming stuff. I wasn't home anyway, so I contributed by letting my lights off, even the whole day

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Those running the world need to stop all this pussyfooting around and actually just enforce these rules. Not nicely ask if everyone is OK with the ideas. Nothing will happen whilst that carries on. It is mad.

Well it seems the goverment, here in the uk anyway agree with you there Harison.The gloves are off and there after your Amigas.

" As of the 1st apri 2010 all electrical items over ten years old will be deemed obsolete and the use of these items will be a crime against nature.

Govermet enforcment agents will be granted full accsess to you homes and sheds too search for contraband items. The goverment has predicted that in the first week of this new project at least 8.2 million toasty makers and a further 2 million teas maids will be forcably removed from offenders homes."

" This new agency will be given full powers of arrest and a snazy yet intimidating black uniform, possibly with some kind of well cool skull motif".
    Solutions the cause of all known problems!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Where did you get these quotes from?