I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Calling all Trekers

Just thought I'd put a ringtone I ripped on here. It's the fight scene music from the Original Trek. And for those with a fun sense of humour the theme from Midsomer Murders.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was watching the first part of the newest Star Trek Movie again earlier today, on DVD, and whilst many existing Trekers say they hate the latest film, I still think it is great.

Something really interesting in the making of video on the DVD is that JJ Abrams did as must of the film with as little post production CGI as he could. He went back to basics and used film lens and lighting to create lens flares and the lighting style the film has. Also a lot of miniatures were used. And in one section on the DVD it shows how they were trying to create the falling scenes with wire work and green screens, but in the end went right back to a very early film technique, using the actor standing on a mirror reflecting the sky, and the camera being shaken by the director to create the wind buffeting. Worked perfectly and looked great in the film, and so simple and cheap compared to post production green screening.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The thing that makes me laugh the most in the new star trek film is Simon pegg, the smug sell out little shit that he is. Simon pegg whos early career mostly consisted of slaging off star wars and ja ja binks, then apears in a sci fi film with an even more anoying little rock alien thingy.

Solutions the cause of all known problems!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If I watch the new movie without a treker head on then it's a great movie.

If I watch it with a comic book and treker head on then it's just another alternate universe storyline that makes a good sci-fi action film.

If I watch it with a treker head on then I throw it in the pile with Enterprise and never want to hear of it again.

I tend to watch it with the 2nd head on.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree the storyline was disappointing, and it has to be viewed as an alternative universe story. If you start to view it as the continuation of the existing Star Trek universe and timeline then you can see why trekers were upset; altering the whole Star Trek timeline and in the process destroying every future event from the previous series' and films. The one thing I can't really forgive is the destruction of Vulcan as that just destroys a key part of the universe.

However, as you say, if the film is watched as a separate entity then it is a good sci-fi action movie.

Poor My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for the ringtones !

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Back on topic

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Back on topic
    When have we ever done that?
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD