Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have to say that my upload was also never really high, but seeding since years 24/7 gives obviously a good ratio

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You upload whore Demon Cleaner!

My upload has speeded up, going at 40-50KB/s on the MAME 0.138 set. So it will get me on my way!
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great, and just like Harrison mentioned, the MAME sets are the best to seed, as they are also for free, you will always have leechers around. The key is really to leave the PC on 24/7.

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a bronze member!!!!

I've only downloaded the MAME v138 ROM set (not bothered about most CHD's) and the MAME Extras Core.

Is the MAME Extras Alternatives worth downloading? The core pack seems to have everything I need.

Also, any other recommendations from the site?
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    The alternate set is not crucial to have, as the core one has really everything you will need together with MAME.

You have to see what's for free, that's always worth downloading

Otherwise it really depends in what you're interested, as I think that f.ex. the pinball stuff is worth downloading. Future Pinball, PinMAME, Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They do have a lot of great stuff to download, but some of the torrents are now huge (after years of combining different parts for each platform).

The Amiga torrents are a good source if you don't have an up to date TOSEC set. They have the only complete TOSEC CD Amiga set which includes CD32, CDTV and Amiga CD, so that is worthwhile. I seed that one all of the time alongside the MAME one so you would have at least one source.

There are large collections for a lot of other systems too, so it depends what you are in to. Personally I would like to have the lot, but some of the CD collections are huge and really eat into your ratio and upload credit so it is good to be careful.

Remember though, that you don't have to download the complete torrent each time. When downloading with uTorrent you can pick the files within the torrent to download, and ignore the rest. So if you were only after specific games or files in a torrent you can grab just those and avoid wasting download credit on the rest.

As for the MAME extras. The Core set is really all that is needed. The alternative set is just that. Alternatives of exactly the same content, so it might be different icons for each game in MAMEUI for example. Depends how much of a completest you are.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    The Amiga torrents are a good source if you don't have an up to date TOSEC set. They have the only complete TOSEC CD Amiga set which includes CD32, CDTV and Amiga CD, so that is worthwhile.
    Who wants to download Amiga stuff

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks guys, you've been a great help!

I am now an initiated Pleasuredome junkie uploader type person.
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But have you also visited and joined Underground-gamer.com? A site that sits very nicely alongside Pleasuredome and uses up your connection just as much!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool, that will be my next stop! That and ebay for some more hard drives!
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench