Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You could make an S-Video to scart cable. Many scart sockets on TVs can accept S-Video signals.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Make! make!, who do you think i am McGyver?. Ive ordered a solution off of e bay
    Solutions the cause of all known problems!

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My Esprimo C5910 arrived earlier this week and it's very quiet - in fact I had to look twice to make sure it was switched on!!!!!

It runs four fans in the case, but at very low RPM. I was happy to find it came with the newer core2 E6320 with 4MB L2 cache, also 2GB dual channel RAM upgradeable to 8GB. The temps of the CPU are idle 27C, load 45C without any increase in fan RPM.

Very well designed - everything is screwless and uses green plastic latches. It has a laptop optical drive, but 3.5" SATA HDD. I'm going to get a SATA to eSATA cable and give it an external HDD connector to make use of that spare motherboard SATA header. Might also get a PCI riser card, as it didn't come with one.

This is going to make a nice SFF low power machine. Here is a pic of its guts on my knees:

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8076/c5910.jpg

It's about the same size as a PS3 fat.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not been a good evening for me im a wee bit sad. My cable for pc to tv arived but no joy getting it to work, also my speccy arived and its dead, i purchased it untested.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you ever want to try and get another speccy you could always try here. I know they're expensive but at least they come complete and tested.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What cable is it 1980-20? S-Video->SCART? Do you have a link?

Have you checked the graphics card drivers to make sure TV out is activated as monitor/display 2? Sometimes only one is active as a default setting.

As for the speccy, perhaps someone knows how to repair it on an enthusiast board.
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buleste View Post
    If you ever want to try and get another speccy you could always try here. I know they're expensive but at least they come complete and tested.
    Cheers for that nice link and the QL on there isnt too bad a price oooh tempting but still out of my price range. I took a chance, got it cheap and well i payed the price, it was sold as spares and repairs and thats what i got so i shouldnt complain realy.I wasnt expecting it to be 100% but i was hoping it would only be a faulty keyboard membrane or boot to blank screen, but it apears to be completley dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
    What cable is it 1980-20? S-Video->SCART? Do you have a link?

Have you checked the graphics card drivers to make sure TV out is activated as monitor/display 2? Sometimes only one is active as a default setting.

As for the speccy, perhaps someone knows how to repair it on an enthusiast board.
    Its s/video to rcb using a scart converter. Ive tested on two different tvs on one i got b/w image as the pc was booting up but then it returned to blue av screen and on the other tv i got no picture but got audio interference. Its a cheap cable heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/7-Pin-S-Video-...item20aec23526

and yeah ill be asking for help at my usual hang out for speccy stuff, but i like chating with you guys too.

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad you like sharing your Speccy interests!

Lots of info on Google regarding S-Video -> SCART and why you get a b&w picture:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?num=1...G=Search&meta=

Some TV's can cycle through different SCART modes or have one scart hooked up for composite and S-Video only. Perhaps the graphics drivers allow output to composite rather than S-Video too?

Also try booting the computer with the TV and not a VGA monitor connected, as the 8400GS can have problems with two simultanious analog sources.

Looks like your issue is only getting one of the S-Video feeds instead of a combined two, plus the display going out of range when windows boots (refresh or resolution issue in driver settings?)

Might be worth a few different Google searches, if you haven't tried already.

Also found this, which should make sure you get all S-Video feeds put through to SCART, rather than just one, but again there is no guarantee: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scart-to-3-RCA...item3ef4bad5a2
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cheers for all the help bloodwych, i think i was expecting it to be easy and straight forward. I should get there in the end.

VIP
    Forum Mod
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm probably mentioning things you've already looked into, but good luck with finishing off the build.

The best option would be a 21" or larger CRT VGA monitor rather than TV, but they can cost a bit to get delivered because of the weight.
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench