Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for a .mod file called 'bright.mod'

Hi,

There's a .mod file that I've been looking for since the 1990's. It's called "bright.mod". Here's a description of the file: Bright.mod lasts for nearly 4 minutes and the file size might be 67kb or 68kb. This was downloaded from the GEnie BBS in late 1992. I've spent so many years looking for this, and I still can't find it. I have an MP3 copy of this song that I still have on a tape at the time when it was downloaded. I'll include it with this message. Let me know when you get this message. Thanks.

Sam Miller
    Attached Files Attached Files

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there Sam,

Hope you'll be successful in your quest to find the module. Have you checked Modland and Amiga Music Preservation? You can find the the sites here:

Modland

Amiga Music Preservation

The links are to search results for bright.mod. Hope one of them is the tune you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by swm3rd View Post
    Hi,

There's a .mod file that I've been looking for since the 1990's. It's called "bright.mod". Here's a description of the file: Bright.mod lasts for nearly 4 minutes and the file size might be 67kb or 68kb. This was downloaded from the GEnie BBS in late 1992. I've spent so many years looking for this, and I still can't find it. I have an MP3 copy of this song that I still have on a tape at the time when it was downloaded. I'll include it with this message. Let me know when you get this message. Thanks.

Sam Miller
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can find it at The Mod Archive here, or do a direct download here.

Don't know if it's the one you're looking for though, at least it's called like that

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been to all of those sites. I uploaded the mp3 for people to download and listen to, to identify what .mod file matches the mp3. I've talked to Stone Oakvalley about this, and is aware of me looking for this song. It might be a .mod or a.med file, so I doubt it would be one of the newer formats. This is what he told me from http://eab.abime.net:

Another approach I did was to check the tape sample (wav) that Sam sent me. I noticed probably 7 samples (typicall st-01 and st-02 samples, so a early module in probably a mod15 format too, Ultimate Soundtracker).

In our SOAMC= database we have stored the amount of samples:xx within each mod. file. The search function for that is not ready yet, so I did a offline filter.

But I think Sam might have tested the several hundred of files I found with 7 samples....so no go.

It does sound like a World of Wonders or 88-89 style tune.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been to all of those websites and they don't seem to have it. I included the mp3 (it's it the zip file) for people to listen to and try to help identify what the real .mod file is.

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is that exactly how it sounds, or your interpretation?
    Because it doesn't sound very nice of a mod, something I did ~18 years ago trying PT for the first time.
    Sorry, just my opinion...

Tried modules.pl?

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also have a look on Exotica as they might be able to help too.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No interpretation, just taken from the tape. My cousin had this song on his computer and must've deleted it from his hard drive by the time he donated his Amiga to me. He used to his mod files on tape (he made 3 of them) for me because I didn't have access to this stuff on my IBM-PC. I gave Stone Oakvalley the sample and binary song data that was also taken from the tape. I'll check over at modules.pl, if they don't have it, I want to see if I can send them a copy.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That is also a big problem for me, I did 3-4 complete songs together with a friend, he was musician but had no Amiga (but Atari ST). But at some point I sold my Amiga and all my stuff, and unfortunately also my Soundtracker collection disks with everything. I would even pay up to 50€ to get these songs back, as they meant so much at that time, and were just great, in my ears

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey everyone,

It's been awhile. I haven't heard any progress with trying to find 'bright.mod'. I'll check over at Stone Oakvalley's forums to see if he or anyone else had luck finding it.