Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Stage Two: Top 100 Voting

After the stage one nominations all of the games from the submitted lists were combined to create one huge list containing every game members submitted into this survey.

From this list the number of times each game was nominated determined its position in the nominations, and from these the top 300 or so games were taken as the final nominated games ready for the next stage.

Now on to Stage Two of the competition.

Stage Two sees the voting to create the final Top 100 games list. Using the finalised list of games nominated in stage one, the stage 2 survey asks everyone to select a Top 10 from these games and to submit their personal Top 10 Amiga games.

Once everyone has submitted their Top 10 these will then be used to create the final Top 100.

To do this the games are awarded points depending on their position in each submitted Top 10, with 10 points for a game in first position, going down to 1 point for a game in 10th position. This way the games are weighted so that those voted for higher up each persons Top 10 gets more importance than those closer to the bottom.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    See http://forum.classicamiga.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3931 for the official announcement of Stage 2 and the opening of the survey.

The survey itself can be reached at http://top100amigagames.classicemu.com/

Have fun!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pleased to announce that already we have had 100 people submit their Top 10 games for this survey. This is proving to be quite popular and already we are seeing some interesting voting.

One game is clearly in the lead at the moment, but there are a few catching up slowly, so the final order is far from concluded yet.

If you haven't yet voted please do. The more submitted Top 10's we get the better the results will be.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have now submitted my list over my ten favourite Amiga games of all time. It wasn't an easy decision, as there are so many great titles to choose from. Will be exciting to see the final list when all votes have been counted.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm very pleased to say that we have had a lot of interest in this survey.

So far we have had 579 people register to take part in the survey, and out of these 372 people have completed the survey and submitted their answers.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool,
    how long are you going to keep it? if you still have people doing i guess you will let it go for a while...
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At least until the beginning of March.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally an update! Today I finally sorted out the results and can now finally announce that I have the finished Top 100 games list ready.

There are some surprises in the final 100 games, and also in their order. Plus the winning 1st place game was a little unexpected, but very deserving of the position, and there are some brilliant games just below it in the order. Equally there have been some great games that haven't made the final 100 list, but with so many great games to choose from it was to be expected.

When can we see the results?

I will publish the official Top 100 list next week, then you will all get a chance to see what made it, and what didn't, and what the number one game is. Anyone care to guess?

I will also publish the full rundown list containing the 300+ games so you can where everything came and the number of votes they each received, just so you know where your personal favourites actually ended up in the order.

How was the final order determined?

This sounds slightly complicated, but was fairly easy to work out using Excel. Taking each person's top 10, the games in their list were each awarded points based on their position in the list, so the game in first place received 10 points, in second place 9 points etc all the way down to 1 point for 10th position. The points were then all added together for each game to give it a final total points score. This determined the final order of the games.

How many people voted?

The final number of people who took part in the survey totalled 1030 people. I was secretly hoping to hit the magic 1000 taking part so the survey had a good weight of votes behind it, meaning a good cross section of the retro fanbase took part, so this is brilliant and I'm extremely happy.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Good news !
    A500 - A600 - A1200

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    1030 people??