Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, that's right. 1030 people took part in the survey, and because I made everyone register before they could vote it meant I could verify they were all unique. It also meant those trying to mess up the survey could not as the email verification put a stop to the bogus registrations, of which they were many. The voters come from a large range of locations and sites, including German, Polish and UK based Amiga communities, as I advertised the survey on a lot of different forums last year, with a lot of positive feedback and interest.

If you remember, the survey also collected some personal information from those taking part, including the communities they came from, their age, location and the Amiga's they had owned. I will also be putting this information together and publishing it as I think it is a great snapshot of the Amiga community they still exists today, and really shows it isn't dead.
    Last edited by Harrison; 9th August 2011 at 01:06.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Where is the finished list please?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Due to time I've not been able to publish it. Hopefully very soon. I don't just want to post the list, but instead make it a nice top 100 with people able to view images and leave comments, which is what has delayed it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I imagine it's quite a task to put it present it the way you want, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it's completion.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck, Harrison! Looking forward to see the list!
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Can we somehow help you out?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I will need to create some screenshots for some of them as we are missing them from the main site. Would also work to add screenshots missing on the site at the same time.

If you can help with this I can work out a list of games we need screenshots for so you can help with them. That is really the bit slowing this down. Mainly I will only need title screen and a couple of in game shots for each. I also wanted to write something about each game. Just one paragraph. Maybe I should post the final list in the staff area, then everyone could help work on the content we need for the final top 100. Basically a paragraph about each entry, plus some screenshots. Once we have all that content then making and publishing the completed list would be easy for me to do in a few hours.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a good plan. Having the list available for reading in the staff area would make it easier to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Well, I will need to create some screenshots for some of them as we are missing them from the main site. Would also work to add screenshots missing on the site at the same time.

If you can help with this I can work out a list of games we need screenshots for so you can help with them. That is really the bit slowing this down. Mainly I will only need title screen and a couple of in game shots for each. I also wanted to write something about each game. Just one paragraph. Maybe I should post the final list in the staff area, then everyone could help work on the content we need for the final top 100. Basically a paragraph about each entry, plus some screenshots. Once we have all that content then making and publishing the completed list would be easy for me to do in a few hours.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will sort it out later tonight and post it up. Then as and when someone can work on the content for a specific entry the list can be marked off so everyone knows what is left to do.

If we could get this all done next week then I could launch the final top 100 the following week at the end of August, which would be brilliant.

Adventurer Speed Biker Champion, Tadpole Champion, Pearl Hunt Champion, Spacerunner 2 Champion, Marble Mayhem Champion, Galaxians Champion, Starfrosch Champion, K Tire Racing Champion, Way of the stick Champion Phantom's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Waiting for the final results.
    [b]To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures[/b]