Leeuwarden, Netherlands Or Hell from time to time
    Downloads
    Uploads

In the mood for a good action adventure game

Hello guys,

I recently have finished Mass Effect 2 but I want to wait with replaying it as I want my first experience to dissipate to the point that I don't immediately recall what happens next.

Unfortunate it will still take several months until the next game I really want to play, Metroid Other M, will be released, and I am now looking for a good action adventure game.

Does anyone here have any suggestion for a good title?
    It doesn't need to be one of the latest games, I just as happily use Dosbox or an Emulator but an experience that involves a good story and exploration would be great.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there Ghost. What did you think of Mass Effect 2? I've got the game but haven't had chance to play it yet. Really looking forward to playing it though, so don't say any plot spoilers.

Now, some good action adventure games. Hmm.. That is quite a wide ranging genre as it really fits a lot of RPGs too. If you want something as good as Mass Effect, have you played the 2 Knights of the Old Republic games? A couple of my favourite games of all time. Or Jade Empire.

Recent games you might like include Planet Alcatraz, The Void and Red Faction: Guerrilla.

Going back to older games, maybe one of these: American McGee's Alice, Another World 15th Ann Edition, Bloodryne, Cold Fear, Deus Ex, Devil May Cry series, Dino Crisis 2, Messiah, Onimusha series, Outcast (have a spare copy of this one if interested), Sacred 2: Fallen Angel, Syberia 2, The Chronicles of Riddick, True Crime.

Hopefully that is useful. Otherwise let me know more about the style of game you are looking for.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Harrison,

Sorry for not being much around lately on the forums.

Regarding your question, I found the original Mass Effect a rather average game regarding gameplay and storyline and the setting felt also 'been there, done that' when it comes to science fiction.

During Christmas a friend of mine wanted to give me a game on Steam and as I was somewhat curious about ME2 I asked for that one.

Surprisingly enough I found this game lots better compared to ME1.
    The rather half assed Action/RPG hybrid is now an action adventure hybrid with stat building elements focused on characters' combat skills.

Dialog choices no longer depend on skill points, instead you get Paragon and Renegade choices depending on your actions.

The storyline also felt a lot better even if the actual main quest is rather short.
    Most of the time you are more busy preparing for the ultimate mission, recruiting people and traveling the galaxy than taking on the main antagonists.

The new antagonists are more interesting mystery enemies than the Geth from ME1 though these also return and the writers have given them several interesting twists to give them a more worked out background.

I was first somewhat hesitant about the regenerative health as I do not like how this mechanic is becoming more used in games, but you know, I actually do not mind it in this game.
    Just because you have it doesn't mean you have an easier time running into battles.

In comparison with ME1 I found myself looking for more for strategic positions for my character and squad mates to take cover behind.

Also, special abilities such as Biotics and Engineers are a lot more useful than in the previous game and can really turn an overwhelming battle in your favor.

have you played the 2 Knights of the Old Republic games?
    Yep. Really should one day try that mod out that fixes KOTOR2 and brings back all the missing stuff.

Heh, I wouldn't respect myself if I had never played Deus Ex, it happens to be one of my favorite games ever.
    [I]Earth is like a 24 hour, Seven days a week Stupidity contest which has been running for centuries.
    And every time they are ready to pronounce a winner, a new contender appears on the scene.[/I]

[I]He has seen half the universe who has not seen the house of pain (Ralph Waldo)[/I]

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    You're a fan of Batman? You enjoyed the old, the DARK Batman? The comic book, the 1st movie with Keaton and Nicholson and the awesome new-age cartoon with young bat?
    Then check out Batman: Arkham Asylum, you're in for some great gaming, deep psychology background analization of most of the Batman's characters and finally - his cool gadgets.
    Playing a comic book character has never been so much fun, and since Splinter Cell / Metal Gear Solid I almost forgot how enjoyable was stealth killing.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Batman is a great game.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I have bought STALKER Call of Pripyat on Steam.

Will tell you later if its good or not.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The reviews are all saying its good, and better than the last one, which I was disappointed in compared to the first.