Downloads
    Uploads

Windows 7 x64 and UAE version

Just checking if anyone else has had a problem with Classic Workbench UAE version with Windows 7 64-bit?

Downloaded Classic WB early January 2010, but don't have the computer I installed it on available to check details (in a different location). Anyway, I couldn't get it to load until I replaced the WinUAE.exe file with that from WinUAE 2.0.1

I don't remember if I tried right click and run as administrator to see if that made any difference. But once the WinUAE file was replaced it loaded without issue.

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's fine, just run with WinUAE 2.0.1

The UAE pack still runs an older version of WinUAE as I haven't thoroughly tested the newer version.

Looks like older versions of WinUAE don't like newer 64bit operating systems, so I'll be forced to update the pack to the latest anyway.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been running WinUAE with Vista Ultimate 64bit for a long time. I think around 1.4 was the first one I used with it, and never had any issues. Maybe there is something in Windows 7 that causes problems that doesn't exist in Vista 64bit? I'm not sure.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It might be another issue then, like Admin privileges required for the older version.

I've updated the pack to the latest anyway - that way I guess it helps out in development of the latest release.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That could be true as one of the first things I do when installing Vista or Win7 is to remove the account control rubbish, so I never encounter such issues.

I will be installing Win 7 Ultimate 64bit later this week on one of my systems and will give ClassicWB a test then and let you know if I encounter any issues.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!