Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Project-Xi (iPhone) (inspired by the Team 17 classic!)

Hi all,

I am starting work on a new iPhone game inspired by the classic Amiga game Project-X... currently simply entitled "Project-Xi" or "Project-i" (inventive I know ).

I will be basing the design around the original Amiga game (not the more recent Playstation sequel, X2).

This will not be a port of the original game (I doubt Team 17 would approve), It will instead take inspiration from one of my favourite Amiga shmups (one of my favourite shmups of all time come to think of it). Imagine the original Project-X, but with much enhanced graphics and features (have some great ideas for re-workinng the in between level special stages; whereby you had to navigate narrow tunnels at an ever increasing speed)...

Anyway, I am much in the initial planning stages at the moment, so any input from you guys (and anyone else you know who might be interested) would be great!

I will keep this thread updated regularly!

BTW, if I have posted this thread in the wrong forum, please can one of you admin-y types move it to the most appropriate place (I did spend a while searching through the forums and thought this was most appropriate... but I am usually wrong!).

Cheers,
    T

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds interesting. Although I'm not a fan of the iPhone it would be good to see some screenshots or video once you get to that stage. How are you going to do control on the iPhone? I personally don't think shoot 'em ups work well on touch screens compared to joystick.

What about something for the PSP?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I too would like to see this, but as an iphone owner I am also wondering how well touch screen controls will work with something that was originally a fast and twitch-reflex style of play.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Game update #01 (10/01/2010)

Hi all,

Well, I have been locked in the study all day long today, attempting to get some solid concept artwork and initial sprite work down... here are the results (see below images)!

Still very early days... but determined to do the original justice!

Last edited by Tankshell; 11th January 2010 at 21:51.

Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have been working hard on the game, basic intro, title screens and have a controllable player ship sprite flying around... Have spent this weekend working on revamping my personal website to go along with the game... You can check it out (in mockup form) at: http://timloram.me.uk

Cheers all,
    T