Everything has changed since 2004. So I don't really know what is best any more.

Hopefully the nice members of this forum might be able to help me choose some new components.

I would like to keep the cost down to around £200.

I have already decided I will get a couple of these hard drives:
http://www.cclonline.com/product-inf...id=st3500418as

The case isn't really a concern as I can use one that I have already. Same goes for CDRW drive and floppy drive (though I may buy a new DVDRW).

I will definitely need a new PSU. And of course a Motherboard and Processor. I'm not sure whether Intel or AMD is best these days. When I was looking at systems back in 2004, I decided that the Athlon XP would be the best, but that was a few years ago now.

I would also like a proper graphics card and PCI slots so that I can use my PCI SCSI card. A floppy drive controller, parallel port, and serial port would also be nice but its not the end of the world if these aren't available. Do motherboards tend to have firewire built in these days? I have a firewire card in my current PC which I got exclusively for the external CDRW drive that I was given, but I don't use this much.

I'm also not too sure about sound cards. I have always found integrated audio to be pretty good but I would consider a sound card if good ones are available.

I may also get a new mouse, for which I will definitely be going to Microsoft for. And possibly an extra keyboard, which, if I do get one, will be from Unicomp. My current mouse is USB with a PS/2 adaptor, but my keyboard is PS/2, so a PS/2 port would be useful. Of course I'm not sure how popular these are these days.

Operating system wise I will be using Linux and Windows XP.

All suggestions and recommendations are welcome.

Thanks
Steve