Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
    I use a MTX LCD TV/Monitor with my A1200. It has a built-in flicker fixer, so all interlace modes look just as steady as they do through the Indivision in another A1200. I use a cheap RGB-S-Video adapter from Amiga Maniac, and the picture is crystal clear.

Here's a little demonstration video I made running Workbench and IBrowse on it, there's more info about the monitor on the page - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kaz6fNpHYIg
    That looks great. Also would like to say what a great Amiga setup you have there.

Not heard of an MTX TV before. However I think most LCD TV/Monitors should be the same. Because of how LCD technology works it doesn't flicker anyway so it acts like a natural flicker fixer.

I was tempted to get one of Nathan's RGB-S-Video adapters. He let me know the other day that he has revised the design and is fitting an adapter port to the next one he is making, which will allow different connectors to use it with different systems (my suggestion ). So I'm tempted to get one of those.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the specifications of the S10 it says:

Moving Picture Resolution: 900 lines

If you compare with the V10, its says 1080 lines. Check specifications here.

IFC is the Intelligent Frame Creation, and if you enable it, I think it looks very weird, like if it was filmed with a handycam, looks really strange, I leave it off. Didn't try it with Anime yet, perhaps it's then better, as there's no "real" people on the screen.

Intelligent Frame Creation explanation:
    Designed to remove 'flicker' from fast moving action, the function adds extra frames to the picture giving them a smoother and more fluid appearance. These extra frames are created using a complicated algorithm which analyses the current speed and direction of on-screen elements.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking at the page you linked to, the U10 spec is identical to the S10, and even looks physically exactly the same. Only differences I can see are 2 HDMI inputs instead of 3, and no PC Input, so I suppose it is a good 50" Plasma for the price.

I hadn't seen that moving picture resolution mentioned before. I've just been going by the Number of Pixels bit.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!