Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    300 friends they didn't even know I bet. Why do these people just randomly select people from Facebook or Myspace to try and add as their friends? They don't know them, have never chatted with them about anything, so know nothing about them or if they even have anything in common. Seems very strange to me. Just to get more friends in their profiles.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawal2 View Post
    My condolences for you being American. We all have our crosses to bear.
    Has the Philippines become part of america because I'm fairly sure that's where a lot of them were manufactured.

Are baseless, petty insults the standard for this forum?

I was under the impression that this board was a world wide affair and that anyone was welcome. If I was wrong with this assumption, please let me know and I will look for a more suitable forum to frequent.

As for condolences, none are required or wanted. I am quite proud to be an American and since I have not insulted you or anyone on this board I would expect the same treatment back.

Shall we get back to Amiga based conversations and save your petty biases for a more suitable place?... (That being anywhere but here..)

As for the Phillipines, that is a bit ludicrous as nearly ALL goods are manufactured all over the world today and just because a Honda is built in Mexico it doesn't make it a Mexican car... EVERYONE looks to maximize their buying power and one of the ways to do that is by manufacturing where it is cheap to do so...
    No offence was intended I was joking. I apologise if any was caused.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    No offence was intended I was joking. I apologise if any was caused.[/QUOTE]

Yeah maybe I should apologize for being a bit touchy... Sorry, but hating all things and certainly all PEOPLE american seems to be the sport today and i am getting quite gunshy about it... Hell the worst for it are our own media! I didn't see the little smiley guy for what he was so please forgive my prickliness...
    "Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence." Line from RAMBO

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's the problem when you have one of the largest ground forces in the world and they are heavily deployed in very sensitive areas of the world. The more troops spread around the world will lead to more focus on them and tthis will mean more mistakes made by those troops will be noticed, even though the percentages of mistakes are probably the same as any other countries forces.

The UK is coming under nearly as much hatrid as the US though, with death threats for the whole nation issued by certain banana republics in Africa, and certain religious dictators in the middle east.

It is what happens when those with the ability to help try.

Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well said... And a sympathetic point of view to boot. Thx...

Yeah it sounds like you guys get much the same indignation but since all we ever hear is the finger pointing at us I was not really aware that it is quite the same for other countries as well.. Seems the harder folks try to help the more hated they become...

Well let's not turn this into a political thing as we are all here to talk about GOOD things.. Like Amigas...

Anyway, thanks and don't let my initial prickliness scare anyone off from joking around with me. I promise NOT to take things too seriously in the future!

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    An important thing to remember is that there's a difference between ordinary people and the politics being put into life by the Government. I think Americans in general are very nice people. Those I've met, when I lived there, was always polite, happy to help and friendly. There are of course exceptions, but this was my experience in general.

My point is that the politics and actions taken by the Government doesn't necesseraly reflect the opinions of the people. Even though we have regular elections, promises and expectations have the habit of disappearing into oblivion.
    Classicamiga.com Moderator/Demoscene Admin
    Member of the Amiga demo group Void
    Admin of Old School Game Blog

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is very true. Most people draw conclusions about how people are from each country based on what they see and read in the media. Governments or religious groups over power and cloud what the real people in any country are actually like.

Poor Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by P G View Post
    An important thing to remember is that there's a difference between ordinary people and the politics being put into life by the Government. I think Americans in general are very nice people. Those I've met, when I lived there, was always polite, happy to help and friendly. There are of course exceptions, but this was my experience in general.

My point is that the politics and actions taken by the Government doesn't necesseraly reflect the opinions of the people. Even though we have regular elections, promises and expectations have the habit of disappearing into oblivion.
    A WISE group we have here...