Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Words The English Language Needs

http://www.cracked.com/article_17251_p2.html

The major word english language needs is a Portuguese word:

"Desenrascanco"

It's very true, it defines us very nice, we were such an empire 500 years ago thanks to "Desenrascanco" .... don't know why we lost it...

It something like "Un-sh**-yourself" means that your have a problem and you have to solve it but you don't know what to do, or you don't have qualification to do it, so you have to improvise, to get out of that sh** in a fast and simple way.

so you have to "Desenrascar" (verb)
    it is a "Deseranscanco"
    you can say to another person "un-sh** yourself": "desenrasca-te" (verb variation)

But "Desenrascanco" is a nice form of saying it.
    But the most used word (bad word) is "desenmerda-te" direct translation of "un-sh** yourself"
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah! but not as big or successful as the British Empire! The largest ever known in the world, which was a huge achievement when you consider the size of Britain.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that's a phrase I would need to employ quite often.

You know what's really depressing? LOL and ROFL are in the English dictionary. I should have been French...

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortona View Post

You know what's really depressing? LOL and ROFL are in the English dictionary. I should have been French...
    Are you kidding? That's terrible
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep! The youth of today are becoming programmed more and more by schools in how to pass exams, but at the same time losing their actual intellect and actually started to speak and write in text (or should that be txt) speech, and to keep up the Dictionary companies are actually putting the text versions of words into their publications!

They are even considering removing punctuation such as apostrophes from being taught or enforced because some people recently surveyed didn't know how to use them! How mad is that! They shouldn't be pandering to the lower end of the intellectual spectrum. Next they won't be teaching kids how to read at this rate!

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Ah! but not as big or successful as the British Empire! The largest ever known in the world, which was a huge achievement when you consider the size of Britain.
    Size of Britain ? What about the size of Portugal?
    500 years ago we went from Brazil to Japan... did you know Japan has some Portuguese words?

Brazil, Angola, Moçambique, Macau, S. Tomé e principe, etc.... etc....
    we had so much resorces.... and we loose it all....
    A500 - A600 - A1200

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Submeg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortona View Post

Are you kidding? That's terrible
    You're right. No one should ever wish to be French. Besides the French are now pissed off with Franglais so you'd be in the same situation.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Yep! The youth of today are becoming programmed more and more by schools in how to pass exams, but at the same time losing their actual intellect and actually started to speak and write in text (or should that be txt) speech, and to keep up the Dictionary companies are actually putting the text versions of words into their publications!

They are even considering removing punctuation such as apostrophes from being taught or enforced because some people recently surveyed didn't know how to use them! How mad is that! They shouldn't be pandering to the lower end of the intellectual spectrum. Next they won't be teaching kids how to read at this rate!
    WHAT! No punctuation?! Wow if that happens, I can then definitely speak down to the younger generations when I'm old. That is the single stupidest thing I've heard
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    At this rate the world could end up like that film. What was it called? The one where those two American soldiers volunteer to be frozen, and then their chambers are forgotten about and stored away. And they eventually wake up 100's of years into the future where no one has a clue about anything and the buildings are held up be giant elastic bands. The film ends with them in the white house running the world.

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads