Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeview retune

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Freeview retune

I'm not sure how many people here have freeview, but I was wondering, out of those that do, did you manage to get your reciever retuned on or after the 30th September?

After having been advised about it for many weeks through the TV and the internet, this afternoon, at about 12:15, I did the ever so complicated task of pressing Menu -> First Time Installation -> Yes, in order that the receiver may be retuned to receive the new channel list - a process I have have done numerous times over the last 5 years to update the list whenever there has been a new channel.

Now I've just seen on the news at ten, that so many people are having difficulty 0.o.

Poor Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Was just reading on another forum a bloke posted saying after re tuning his box he lost half the channels that he had before.
    Solutions the cause of all known problems!

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I find that sometimes when retuning freeview the channels get arranged very strangely, and I have to do it again to get them back to more logical channel numbers. Who wants BBC on channel 101 for example!

I've not retuned mine yet. I have freeview tuners built into 2 of my TVs and a DVD Recorder, as all new hardware is now finally coming with digital tuners as standard.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I live in an area where we only get freeview in bad weather and it's sunny at the moment so I can't retune.
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I seem to have lost ITV4 (the man's channel), but gained ITV2+1 (the ladies' channel).

It's sort of like having your tonsils removed and an extra appendix put in - neither are pre-requisites for leading a full and happy life, although at least ITV4 occasionally shows good films.

And what the hell is 'Quest'? I was expecting a whole channel dedicated to CNN's Richard Quest, but sadly I was disappointed.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is channels like Rabbit and SmileTV that i don't really get the point in. Fortunately I still have ITV3, 4 and Channel 5.

I don't know how the channel list works so I'm not sure what could cause channels to be in the wrong place, but everything seems to be fine here.

I rarely even watch any of the other channels on freeview. I have my Mum's PVR set up to record Heartbeat every day from ITV3, but that is about it.

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Cortona View Post
    And what the hell is 'Quest'? I was expecting a whole channel dedicated to CNN's Richard Quest, but sadly I was disappointed.
    Is it a channel dedicated to the Lightwave and Amiga rendered Sea Quest DSV?
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It's of course a channel dedicated to Sierra's seminal adventure series Space Quest, King's Quest and Police Quest. Duh!

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    It'll probably just be something boring like the rest of the TV.

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably. Would you believe it if I told you I cancelled my satellite subscription and haven't received any TV signals at all here for over three years now? Not joking. I realised I hardly watched anything at all and it was just throwing money out the window. So got rid of it all. And don't even miss it. Well, not much.