Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Amibay.com is moving home

This evening Amibay.com will be moving home and joining us here on the classicamiga.com servers.

This move has been planned for some time now and finally it is taking place tonight at 11pm GMT.

The move is due to the existing Amibay server host no longer being able to keep up their original level of service quality. Their servers are now over subscribed and slowing down under the weight of the number of different user hosting accounts on each of their servers. This has caused issues with Amibay slowing down at random times of the day for certain users, and the server failing to always send out automated email notifications to site users.

Fingers crossed the server move goes smoothly this evening. If all goes well Amibay.com will be up and running on the classicamiga servers by midnight tonight!
    Last edited by Harrison; 8th September 2009 at 14:33.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

I am Legion for we are many. Staff Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cool. I'll have to start looking on it for bits for my newly acquired C64C (I'm not sure whether to get an MCC Replay or a Ultimate 1541).
    A1200 Power Tower
    OS 3.9 / CGX4 / OS4.0
    Blizzard 210Mhz (overclocked to 266Mhz) 603e PPC with 25Mhz 040 (Overclocked to 33Mhz) 256Mb RAM
    ZIV
    CV64/3D
    3.2Gb HDD + 20GB HDD

Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep good news. Amibay was getting slower by the day.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pleased to say that the Amibay server move went smoothly and Amibay.com is now sharing its home with us on here at classicamiga.com.

Amibay is now running much faster with much better page load times and site access.

Now that this is complete it might open up some exciting cross site possibilities in the future.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't visit Amibay for at least a year now.

ELITE Staff Moderator
    My location

Snake Champion, Invasion Champion Puni/Void's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    I'm pleased to say that the Amibay server move went smoothly and Amibay.com is now sharing its home with us on here at classicamiga.com.

Amibay is now running much faster with much better page load times and site access.

Now that this is complete it might open up some exciting cross site possibilities in the future.
    Great work mate. Looking forward to see what the future has in store for both sites.

You should pop by Amibay more often, Demon, as there's quite a lot of good stuff to be found there. Many funny and interesting discussions as well.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm pleased to announce that the migration of Amibay from phpbb3 over to vBulletin 3.8 (same as this forum) went smoothly towards the end of last week, and the final template updates and mod installations are nearing completion.

Everyone seems happy with the move to vB. The site is noticeable faster than phpbb ever was, and the moderation tools in vB make administering the site so much easier and nicer.

Pop over and have a look when you get chance, and let me know what you think.

Into the future, once vB4 is released I want to look at how Amibay and classicamiga can more closely share some resources. Such as knowledgebase for hardware upgrading and fixes. All that is to come in the future though.

I am a Member of Amibay sarek2k and neither of my email accounts are recognised anyone any ideas? i can't get in at all!
    A1200 : Blizzard 030 / 4gb 2.5" Hd /64mb Edo ram/1 gb compact flash - pcmcia / internal scan doubler / Trilogic joystick mouse adaptor (works with pc optical mice) 17" Black Samtron samsung monitor...

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a friendship request on AmiBay from Harrison, but when I try to log in, it says that either my password or username is wrong, but it isn't. Were usernames deleted some time ago?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a notice on the front page of Amibay explaining that all passwords were reset when the site was migrated to vBulletin. You should have received an email from the server with a link to reset your passwords.

@Sarek2K

You have a couple of PMs. I reset your password and fixed your registered email address on amibay.