Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh its just annoying things like screen-tearing and pop-up. Although on the main station, I have also had a little bit of lag kick in. I have managed to get the 360 round to a friend's, just so I could set up the live account (It's a lot lighter than the PS3), and so have got any patches needed.

Why oh why, and this goes for sony too, can't the console makers and the game developers get together and organise a website that allows people to download patches and install them on their consoles. It would make sense and show a bit of cooperation between the various sides. Who knows it might even help to curb some of the fanboyism that pervades the hobby... Mind you that is just a pipe dream...

We shall see...

(Heh I even manage to get a little Amiga reference into this... Can you spot it???)

1000 points to the first PM I get telling me the correct answer!
    This is not a signature

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    It seems console and PC game designers take for granted that everyone is automatically connected to the internet and can download large files to update and patch their software. But they are a lot of people without internet at all, and many still on dialup. I know of a few I work with still on 56k (and I can't convince them to upgrade to broadband for a similar price!).
    A friend of mine doesn't have a connection, but when he lately bought Sacred 2, it contained the latest firmware update for the console, which is quite helpful.