Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking of maybe reintroducing a proper thin graphical banner back above the navigation bar. Maybe 1000x250 pixels or there abouts. And I would like to design a few different ones which rotate and load a different one each time you visit. I want some banners that say a bit more about different aspects of the Amiga. Some about the demo scenes, some for the different models of the Amiga, some about games, some about applications. It will be an ongoing thing, and everyone else is free to submit some of their own for inclusion to. As I tried to get everyone to do with the banner designing competition which didn't see puck interest! Hint Hint!

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I noticed an odd behaviour with the new button bar. In Firefox, with the addon NoScript installed the highlighted "forum" button is shifted over to the left of the other 6 buttons and overlapping the classicamiga logo slightly. If I set NoScript to Allow Scripts Globally then it loads correctly with the highlighted forum button on the right-hand end of the lone of buttons.

Has anyone else encountered this same behaviour?

I'm looking into it, but at the moment can't work out why NoScript is causing it. Anyone got any ideas. The buttons are div containers set to float the right of a parent div container. It has been tested on all other browsers and loads correctly on them, as well as in Firefox without NoScript installed. Very strange.

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't have NoScript installed, therefore everything seems fine.

RetroSteve! My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I havn't used Firefox in quite some time, and have never used NoScript. Am I right in thinking that it will just block Javascript on certain websites?

I have checked this forum in Opera 9 with Javascript on and off and both are fine.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Cleaner View Post
    I don't have NoScript installed, therefore everything seems fine.
    The same with me
    A500 - A600 - A1200

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It definitely is localised to the NoScript Firefox plugin.

It is quite a useful plugin normally and works well in combination with Adblock Plus. It can block Javascript, Java, Flash, Silverlight, thirdparty plugins (quicktime), iframes, object code.. etc which is useful if you don't want loads of flash adverts or videos loading on pages when you just want to read an article.

The problem is, it blocks so many different things that it is hard to know what it is trying to block with the forum button that is causing it to shift it to the left. There is no flash, javascript or other scripts running at all in the menu, it is all done just using xhtml and css. Strange.

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe NoScripts is a sledgehammer to crack a nut. I use FF at work with AdblockPlus and Flashblock and that pretty much filters out annoying ads.

The nice thing about Flashblock is that it leaves the containers in place with a Flash icon in them. You can click in the container to enable the flash if you want.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NoScript does the same thing for any flash, silverlight or other embedded content. Just click the icon and the content is loaded. It also blocks PDFs which I find useful as often you follow a link expecting a webpage and end up with a PDF downloading, so blocking it stops it loading and allows you to go back without needing to wait for the PDF to load (or cancelling it which often crashes browsers).

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    See, I can't turn my back on this place for even a little while without someone messing.

New design looks great, I like it.