C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

D-Fend Reloaded v0.8.0

A new D-Fend (graphical environment for DOSBox) version is available here --> http://dfendreloaded.sourceforge.net/

New features:

* DOSBox 0.73 is supported and bundled with D-Fend Reloaded.
    * The user can switch between different icon sets for the toolbar, the menus and the dialogs now.
    * The dialog for scanning the games folder for new games has been rewritten and offers more options now.
    * Faster program start when using large game lists.
    * More settings in the multiple profiles editor.
    * New program icon and logo made by burnsflipper, the designer of the original D-Fend logo.
    * New tab "Notes" at the bottom of the program window for direct access to the stored game notes.
    * Now you can choose to use the game filesnames or the folder names as names for the new profiles when scanning the games folder for new games.
    * Via the new multiple shortcut creation dialog you can create shortcuts for more than one game at once.
    * Now the user can select the profile name, the template to use, the destination folder and the file to start when importing zip files (regardless if the new game was identified by an auto setup template or not).
    * Support for user-defined interpreters (like before only for QBasic) inside DOSBox.
    * Better algorithm for scaling images when displaying captured screenshots.
    * Now icons can also be added to the icon manager by dragging them to the icon manager window and by scanning the games folder for new icons. Additionally the icon manager will show icons added by copying them to the icons folder immediately.
    * New optional start mode: Fullscreen without window border.
    * The default parent directory for the capture folders for games can be configurated in the setup dialog now.
    * The icon size for the game icons in the games list in view mode "Icon" can be configurated now.
    * The first start wizard has been improved and now is easier to use.
    * Now "Pause" can be chosen as DOSBox background priority.
    * The scan games folder for new games function is now also respecting the extra program folders of existing profiles and is not trying to detect games in this folders anymore.
    * Cleaned up menu structure (in particular the function for creating archive or exe packages for multiple games have been moved from the Extras to the Export menu).
    * Option to hide the menubar.
    * Faster search for DOSBox if it is not stored in the default directory.
    * [Fix] Error message when closing the profile editor dialog when editing a template.
    * [Fix] If the first run wizard is closed by clicking the window close "X" the settings are not stored.
    * [Fix] Now 16-bit Windows exe files are also recogniced as Windows program files and the user is warned if he trys to start a 16-bit Windows program file via DOSBox.
    * [Fix] When running a profile using a helper program to be executed after the main program via a shortcut the helper program was not executed.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice. Thank you for the update. I had actually completely forgotten about this frontend and had been running DoxBox manually for each game title. Will give this a go later tonight.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to see this frontend installed with the whole DOS collection I have, must be awesome

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have collected quite a few very large DOS games collections in the last couple of years. Many games are mirrored across each collection, and I really must spend some time going through them and merging them into one complete large game set.

And yes, it would be great to have them all setup in the frontend together. A goal to achieve.

I just installed the latest version and launched it and the first thing that struck me was how close to the properties window in WinUAE the D-Fend modern profile editor window is. It makes setting up and configuring dosbox for a game very nice and simple. I will definitely be playing around with this some more.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds great, will also have to fiddle around a bit. But atm I have so much stuff to do, still playing around with the Wii, and also got my SD cards yesterday, so that I probably will test UAE for Wii. And I have still many Wii games to copy to HDD.

On my barebone PC I now how to copy and arrange all the missing stuff (which is a lot) to the spanned disk, and when everything is done, I will probably install D-Fend and give it a try.

The DOS Collection I have is the v0.8 from PD seen here, and I now just saw that there's also a launcher for exactly this collection, have to check what that is...