Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds great.

Would you also be interested in making an Atari ST rom switcher? Not sure how complex that would be though as there are 2 roms involved, like AGA.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Sounds great.

Would you also be interested in making an Atari ST rom switcher? Not sure how complex that would be though as there are 2 roms involved, like AGA.
    I love making hardware, and I will make it for absolutely anything as long as there is a market/buyers/interest I would just need to know the specs of the ROMS & their pinouts, and how the ROM socket of the Atari behaves on resetting the machine. I prefer to make ROM switchers that don't require a toggle switch, or a mini-clip that has to be attached to the leg of an IC on a M.B. Drilling a hole in one's Amiga or Atari (or any case) is wrong IMHO.

Two EPROMS is no big deal. I could make a ROM switcher for the 32-Bit Amigas if I wanted to, but there is not much point with WHDLoad etc. Also, the AGA chipset is a problem, even if one were to split a KS 1.3 image over two EPROMS for example, it would still be no good. Although, A1200 users might like to select between KS 3.1 and KS 3.9 or something I suppose

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have limited knowledge in how the rom sockets behave on resetting the machine. However those on the Atari Forums should know. I will post on there to see how much interest there would be in an STE rom switcher. I know myself I would be interested to boot between 1.6 and 2.06 roms. Not sure if roms earlier than 1.4 would work in an STE, but if they did then I would love to be able to switch between 1.2 and 2.06 as that would give maximum compatibility.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!