Thread: Turrican on PS3

Wiseguy Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Turrican on PS3

Game Informer just did an interview with Factor 5 president Julian Eggebrecht. As many know, they've been mostly doing Star Wars games for the Nintendo consoles for the past decade. But for the next generation, they decided the Wii wasn't what they wanted and went to Sony instead. And now, their first PS3 game Lair is just around the corner. In the interview they mostly talk about that, the reasons for why Factor 5 went to Sony, plus Eggebrecht makes some interesting observations about the PS3 platform. But in the middle of it all, Eggebrecht also drops this little piece of information:

GI: You announced your first game for GameCube when it was still the Dolphin named Thornado. Is that project completely dead, or is it something that you still have in mind?

Eggebrecht: I should stop the tease about that. That’s completely dead. What we are thinking about is basically with the PS3 is going back to our old Turrican games, and basically, finally doing something like that but in 3D. That’s finally going through.

GI: The old Commodore crowd is going to be so happy to hear about that—that’s awesome.

Eggebrecht: Yeah (laughs).
    Yup, I'm happy. A new Turrican game is definitely interesting news!

Also, at the very end of the interview he mentions they would very much like to release the old Turrican games over the PS3 network. However, according to Eggebrecht Sony seems to be encouraging developers to create original content for the network rather than release old titles. But there isn't a definite no though, as the network is supposed to be very open for developers to do what they want with (again according to Eggebrecht).

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This does sound interesting. Lets hope they do carry those ideas though and create a game based on the Turrican series, and released the old games as network playable.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!