Mostly Harmless Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation CPUs and FPUs for sale

Hi all,

I've recently ordered a batch of IC's. I'll have them in stock by Friday. If anyone is interested in the following CPUs and FPUs, let me know a.s.a.p. Quantities are limited, and indicated next to the IC. What doesn't sell will go on ebay, and they'll be a little more expensive, to cover listing and final value fees

10pcs MC68882FN40 - AUD$18 each
    (40Mhz FPU in PLCC package - these are brand new, so a real bargain!)

5pcs MC68882RC50A - AUD$29 each
    (50Mhz FPU in a PGA package)

5pcs MC68030RC50C - AUD$31 each
    (50Mhz CPU in a PGA package)

I take payment by PayPal, in Australian dollars (AUD) only.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Those are some great prices for 68882 50MHz FPUs and 030 CPUs.

I don't need any myself, but I thought I would ask this question for others who might be interested. Are the FPUs compatible with Blizzard 1230 MKIV accelerator cards?

BTW, where did you manage to order these from? Are the new or reconditioned/reclaimed parts? I thought FPUs were getting quite hard to find these days?

Good luck with the sales. How are your Amiga hardware sales going in general?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Those are some great prices for 68882 50MHz FPUs and 030 CPUs.

I don't need any myself, but I thought I would ask this question for others who might be interested. Are the FPUs compatible with Blizzard 1230 MKIV accelerator cards?

BTW, where did you manage to order these from? Are the new or reconditioned/reclaimed parts? I thought FPUs were getting quite hard to find these days?

Good luck with the sales. How are your Amiga hardware sales going in general?
    I would look in http://www.amiga-hardware.com/ That's where I often go for some info

I have a sweet IC supplier - my little secret They are sometimes new, sometimes used and/or reconditioned. My supplier has thus far managed to find just about any IC I have requested.

Sales from my website have been terrible for a long time, and it's not the prices. I got desperate recently and listed most of my stock on ebay, for the same prices as my website, and everything sold like crazy. Obviously, due to the ebay fees, my wee profits were even smaller, but oh well, at least I didn't lose money...I think :-S

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a shame that people are not buying directly from your site. Have you had much luck from Amibay? Maybe you should keep posting new adverts on Amibay for each piece of hardware you are selling? That would attract more interest in each.

Downloads
    Uploads

Update...

My god...I didn't expect them to sell this quick :-S I've allocated (and will allocate) the CPUs and FPUs fairly, based on who replied the soonest. I have posted in multiple forums too.

Right now, it looks like this is what I have left (in stock, and ready to ship):

4pcs MC68882FN40A

1pc MC68882RC50A

Of course, once I have the CPUs and FPUs in stock, some people may have changed their minds, so they may become available again. For those that miss out this round, don't hang yourselves, as I can get more from my supplier ;-) So I encourage you to express interest anyway, as I will then know how many (and what) to order from my supplier for those that missed out on this round!

You can also order MC68060RC50 (50hmz PGA CPU) for AUD$64 each if you need one. You have until Monday 20th July to get your orders in!
    Last edited by amigamaniac; 17th July 2009 at 11:22.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I fully expected them to sell fast. FPUs and CPUs like this are getting hard to find. 68882 FPUs are very rare now and I expect you could have sold them for a lot more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I received the IC's today...

For some reason, which I can't fathom, they sent me 10pcs MC68882RC50 FPUs, rather than 5pcs MC68882RC50 FPUs & 5pcs MC68030RC50C CPUs.

On the upside, all the 50Mhz MC68882RC50 PGA FPUs are in fantastic condition, no bent pins or anything. They are all made in 2004 according to the date code on the IC's, so they're not that old either :-)

The 40Mhz MC68882FN40A PLCC FPUs, are brand new, made in 2005 according to the date codes on all of them. There are 7pcs still available, that have not yet been allocated to buyers.

So, sorry to those people that were expecting a CPU and FPU now :-( I will order them on Monday, and will have the next batch of CPUs and FPUs in a little over a week. For those that only wanted an FPU, I'm sending out the PMs to confirm and arrange payment shortly...

Downloads
    Uploads

Clarification...

Ok, here is what I have in stock right now, ready to ship:

4pcs 40Mhz MC68882FN40A PLCC FPU (new) - AUD$18 each

1pc 50Mhz MC68882RC50A PGA FPU - AUD$29

Postage world wide (regular air mail) for the above, AUD$3.45-$5.55, depending on how many you buy.

The rest, such as 50Mhz MC68030RC50C PGA CPUs, and those that missed out now, I am putting in a monster order for CPUs and FPUs on Monday I would then have them in stock in about a week.

Sorry for any confusion!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, this is what I have left in stock now, ready to ship:

2pcs 40Mhz MC68882FN40A PLCC FPU (new)
    Last edited by amigamaniac; 19th July 2009 at 04:56.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi all,

I am not taking any more orders for CPUs or FPUs. I will be placing the order with my supplier today, for those that put in requests/orders. I will contact everyone once I have the CPUs and FPUs in stock, to arrange payment etc.

I may do this again at a later date, so if you missed out this time, there's always next time

I would like to thank everyone that expressed an interest