Thread: UAE Wii v3

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

UAE Wii v3

Next Wii UAE release.

Version 3
    * Correct banner showing errors. With this fix, a dialogue box is now opened if kick.rom is missing
    * Support Cloanto´s amiga forever ROMs in the default config

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Has anyone tried the Wii version? And if so how good is it?

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Has anyone tried the Wii version? And if so how good is it?
    Unfortunately I don't have a Wii (yet), but I'm looking forward to buy one, because apparently my girlfriend would be interested. I only would like to buy a prechipped one, any idea where? In Germany it seems that they are not selling them anymore prechipped, which means you buy the Wii and then have to send it to them, they chip it, and then send it back, which I think is a bit of a mess.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wii Softmodding worked perfectly, so there really isn't any need for hardware mod chips.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    Wii Softmodding worked perfectly, so there really isn't any need for hardware mod chips.
    Ok, but how? Is this again a pain in the ass procedure, or does it work well without hassling around too much? You know that I'm pro hard mod

EDIT: I found now the older thread aboud softmodding, so I guess it's still the same?

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes. I think the softmod software has been improved and newer versions released since then, but it is the same process. Just load it with an SD memory card and away you go.

Zetr0, Sarek and a few others have been successfully using it for some time.

And softmodding a Wii actually for once does have benefits over hardware modding, because the soft mod software adds a new channel for homebrew and this directly links into downloads for Wii emulation and homebrew games and software.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wiikey 2 + installation will cost me 80€.

EDIT: Btw, Twilight Princess costs 60€ here!!
    Last edited by Demon Cleaner; 14th July 2009 at 15:17.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think you need Twilight Princess or any other original game any longerto soft mod a Wii. Have a look at this great guide at http://wiiguide.co.cc/ to find out more and read through the process.

My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I tested Wii UAE yesterday.

I have to say that it works quite good. I tried out with an A500 configuration, and also tested the A1200 with the game Benefactor, which works perfectly.

On the A500 config I tested Neuromancer, which is an adventure, and you can use the WiiMote to control your character, which is quite unusual but fun. Only downside is, which of course is with every console emulator, if you need to press one or several keys, you have to open the menu, go to the keyboard option, chose the button you wanna press, leave the menu, aso... Of course you can also use a keyboard with the Wii.

Here's a nice guide how to use the controls with different peripherals.

Unfortunately it's almost impossible to read small text, f.ex. when booting a game, being in CLI or in Workbench. But I think that's also normal because you have that big screen, and using the YUV cables for the Wii could probably improve visuals, I'm only using the AV.

I'm looking forward to further releases, eager to see what they will still improve in the upcoming months. But until now I must say, keep up the good work

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is great news that it works quite well already. It hasn't been out that long either so it is promising for the future.

Have you read anything about continued development of Wii UAE? What they still want to add or improve?