Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Boing---boom-cha

My friend and I have been talking about Kraftwerk and 'krautrock' (as it's called) in general all week, and I just noticed that the track 'Music Non Stop' has the 'boing---boom-cha's from a Mahoney & Kaktus demo on Northstar's Megademo III (I think). I haven't seen that demo or thought about it since about 1990. Weird.

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I f*****g love Kraftwerk's music.
    In fact I love most sorts of electronic and sometimes dance music.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, I used to really like Kraftwerk as well. Not listened to much of their stuff in recent years though. Should really dig out what I have.

BTW, is Northstar related to the music publisher Northstar? A friend of mine publishes his music though them.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
    BTW, is Northstar related to the music publisher Northstar? A friend of mine publishes his music though them.
    I don't know. The only Northstar I know of is the Swedish demo group who, with Fairlight, released megademos in the late 80s.

What I like about Kraftwerk is the sense of humour, the simplicity of the songs and that pioneering 70s analogue synthesizer sound. And they really were pioneering, along with Tangerine Dream, in terms of electronic music. Gary Numan, Visage and loads of 80s synth bands owe their sound to Kraftwerk. (And of course so do Cold Play and Afrika Bombaataa.)

So much music is highly emotional, it's nice sometimes to listen to music almost devoid of emotion.

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And don't forget the greatest of all. Jean Michelle Jarre.

Northstar can be found at http://www.northstarmusic.co.uk/

An my friend, Steinar Lund, can be found on their under his name. An example being http://www.northstarmusic.co.uk/life...elestial.shtml He composes and performs all the music himself, as well as the artwork illustrations for the albums as he is also an illustrator. In fact as mentioned on here before, he used to create the illustrations for Amiga games back in the day, for games such as F15 II and Return of the Jedi.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!