Thread: SF4 came out!

It's always caturday! My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking SF4 came out!

Yay, Street Fighter for 4 the PC just came out, yay, hooray 4 for tymes!

(or grab it on your local bitgamer, it's golden already so totally "free")

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I didn't know it was coming to the PC.

I was never a big fan of SF due to the complicated combos needed to win. I've always been much more of a Tekken fan. I might give it a look though as I always liked the 2D style of artwork.

It is interesting to see that they are using 3D backgrounds and character models for SF4, but retaining the 2D look.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Dangerous Inactive Member
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm a BIG ..... no, MASSIVE fan of all the Street Fighter games.
    I'm glad to see that SF4 is getting a PC version

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Does it still have the:

haaduuuuuuuukannnnnn !!!!! movement?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

For those who dare! ClassicWB dev
    VIP
    Forum Mod
    Chopper Challenge Champion, The Collector Champion, BombJack Arcade Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Paintballing - Assault Champion, Tower 13 - Adventures In Body Saving Champion, Himalayaya Champion, Sea Dogs Champion, Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion, Operation Switchover Champion Bloodwych's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiago View Post
    Does it still have the:

haaduuuuuuuukannnnnn !!!!! movement?
    Oh Yeah! It has ALL the original moves and plays very similar to the original SF2.

I love playing the SF games in MAME, including SFIII 3rd Strike. This is a great arcade perfect game and Zangief is unstoppable! Well he was on the PS3 version anyway.
    Live Long and Procrastinate
    A500 Batman Pack
    Classic Workbench

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even though I preferred Tekken I still did enjoy playing Street Fighter. I still have originals of Street Fight 2 Turbo for the SNES, and SFIII 3rd Strike and SF Alpha 3 on the Dreamcast, which were collectable even back in the DC days and quite rare.

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've now had chance to play SF4 on the PC and all I can say is WOW!

The graphics are amazing. I just don't know how they managed to do it, but they look great. While everything is in 3D it retains a great 2D hand drawn feel, with the gameplay being in the traditional 2D left to right movement, so it still plays and feels like SF2.

On my PC I managed to turn all of the graphical settings up to full and put the FPS counter in the corner to see what effect it had on the game, and I'm please to say it didn't. The game played at a rock solid 60 fps at all times. The visuals and animations run smoothly and very nicely.

I also loved the blend and lighting effects used with the graphics before and after a match to bring your opponent into the fight. Very nice.

The only bit that doesn't quite fit is the manga style intro movies for wach character. They don't quite have the same style of art as the main game and it kind of doesn't fit. But it's only a small thing.

And the control using an Xbox 360 controller works well. I actually found myself enjoying the game a lot more than previous SF games, due to wrestling with the controls with the older titles in the series, but even though I only played for a short time so far I started to work out some simple combos and start to enjoy it. So I will be playing more and trying to unlock the end movies for all the characters.

The intro movie brew me away too. I've watched in a few times now and still can't get my head around all of the effects being used. It is so nicely edited with subtle blending techniques to perform transitions within and between scenes. J

So what does anyone else thing of SF4 so far?