Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Master of Orion 3

I'm trying to install Master of Orion 3 under Vista.

I had a look to see what patches and updates had been released for it to fix all bugs and bring it up to date when I install it. Officially the developer only released patch version 1.25 which I have, but this isn't compatible with Vista according to the MOO3 and Atari community forums.

However I've done more digging and discovered that fans of MOO3 have worked hard fixing all the bugs, improving the graphics, adding useful additions such as higher screen modes, improved graphics and better balanced gameplay.

The problem is, the links to these mods are all broken on the two sites http://www.moo3.at and http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/ that have the links to them.

So does anyone have the MODs they could send me? Or know where I can get them from?

The update mods are named as follows

Vanilla
    Strawberry
    Tropical
    Chocolate

This is the order of their release, with the first two bug fixing and correcting the game balance, and the last two including everything from the first two, but then updating and changing how the game works.

I'm most after the Strawberry MOD as this contains everything from the Vanilla update and more. The file is called UOP_Strawberry_V1.2.zip and all links I've found have been broken.

It would however be good to get hold of all of the different update mods the community has released, and it is sad if they have become lost.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not to worry. I finally tracked down the MOD download section on the Master of Orion 3 fan website that contains all of the unofficial patch mods.

If anyone else is interested you can get them all from:

http://www.moo3.at/mods/index.php?ac...aycat&catid=17

My location

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! Talk about complicated to get the game installed with all the unofficial patches and working. Here is how it is done.

1, Install Master of Orion 3 from CD
    2, Install 1.25 update patch.
    3, copy Strawberry 1.1 patch files into the game's directory (overwriting any files when asked)
    4, Copy Strawberry 1.2 patch files into the game's directory (overwriting any files when asked)
    5, copy 1024x768 mod files into the game's directory (overwriting any files when asked)
    6, copy the 1.25 cracked version of MOO3.exe into the installed game directory.
    7, Go into the game's directory and run Moo3Patcher.exe. Install the Moo3DLL.dll file and then patch as many of the game patches as you wish shown in the list.
    8, Play the game.