Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads

Burns Flipper from longest journey?

Burns?
    Did you get your nickname from the game "The Longest Jouney"?
    I am playing it know and there is a character with that name.

By the way, the game is excellent.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Yes. Yes I did. The man doing the voice acting did such a great job he became my favourite character of my favourite game.

I'm glad you're playing it, it's an incredible game. It even gets better the second time through, and if you're versed in things like mythology and the art of storytelling you get even more out of it by seeing the way the whole thing is put together. Ragnar Tornquist, the writer, knows all about storytelling and this shows in Dreamfall too. He's even given seminars on storytelling through video games. As Cortez says, mystery is everything...

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes the game is very good. I am loving it. It is the best adventure game i ever played !!!!

I love games with history. It remindes me a bit the MYST games, that atmosphere....

i think i am at 25% of the game.

The reviews where the best, it was the most scored adventure game i ever found and when i read a bit about it i new i had to try it. I buy it thru steam, it was very cheap.

what about the sequel "Dreamfall"? The reviews are not so good, they say it has a lot of storyline and "chats" but few action. Well for me it's ok, i like games with heavy storyline.
    Last edited by Tiago; 26th June 2009 at 18:14.
    A500 - A600 - A1200

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also really enjoyed Longest Journey. I've not had chance to play Dreamfall properly though. Only played for about an hour when i got hold of it and haven't touched it since.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Dreamfall is excellent. It's a dark story and if you play it soon after Longest Journey, you'll understand more as it references a lot of the same things. It is an adventure game - there's a little bit of combat, sometimes this can be avoided but it's not hard anyway. I managed to complete it easily and I hate action/reflex games.

Imagine being able to run through Marcuria in full 3D, at night in the snow! It's magical. It also makes more questions than it answers, so you have to figure some of it out yourself, and some things are still left unanswered (for the moment).

There's loads of story and chat - just like Longest Journey - but like you say that's a good thing. They use the same voice actors from Longest Journey for April, Benrime and a few others, and it really draws you into the atmosphere.

It's really worth playing. It's set about 10 years after Longest Journey, and is a different story but somehow linked a bit to Longest Journey. Play all the way through and then we can discuss it here

Make sure you make some time to play it, so you can really get lost in the atmosphere.

Amiga PT user VIP
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Great !!!
    I had played 25/30% of the game so far. I am loving the game! Best adventure game ever for me.

but i have to read over and over again some dialogues, this game has a very strong storyline, and some sentences are not easy, so i go to dictionary a lot.

so, after dreamfall are they going to make a any moer sequel or other game with story connections?
    A500 - A600 - A1200

They're doing "Dreamfall Chapters" in a few years, which is an episodic adventure. It will tie together many of the loose ends of all the stories so you can make sense of the entire mystery.

You can read Ragnar Tornquists blog but DF Chapters is years away

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm always worried about companies turning their adventures into episodic based releases. It means they can rip off fans of a series and not need to deliver much content per episode. Look at Sam and Max for a good example of this. Some of the episodes from that were one scene long. Not worth the price at all.

I hope a different company handles this one. So far the same company has been making all recent episode based adventure releases, and none of them have been that good.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

It is, it will be Funcom not Telltale.

Above Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I love "The longest Journey", excellent adventure. This thread made me wanna play it again