Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Commit murder with your console...

Guess what game is due out on the soon-to-be-banned-before-release list???

Manhunt II... on the Wii...

check out the link...

Murder Simulator

Come on, Rockstar.. tell us this is an April Fools Joke...

This is DEFINITELY on my shopping list...
    This is not a signature

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I liked Manhunt 1 on the PS2, but it was also kinda brutal in many ways. Should be cool to kill with the Wii remote.

Average Inactive Member
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    i hope you can hold a remote in one hand nunchuk in the other and strangle someone till there body stops convulsing and your left with a limp lifeless piece of flesh.
    [URL="http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/"]Hey Hey 16k by Rob Manuel[/URL] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It sounds extremely intense
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Burn! Hot Blooded Rhythm Soul! Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    I never did play the original manhunt. Was it any good?

C64 addict Staff Moderator
    My location

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually it was very good, and the possibility, that you could kill your enemy "normally" or in a more brutal way, added some pure fun. Nothing for kids under 18. But it's not beat'um up, but more stealth gameplay.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally felt that the original Manhunt got slated by the critics and shops unfairly.

It was one of the very few games that truly dealt with death in a brutally honest way. I personally find games that have you hack, main and kill and then let you move on without any feeling of discomfort should be criticised for treating death as something inconsequential.

Manhunt was never a great game, but it sure as hell had an atmosphere that was terrifying. If only more games could eat away at the player's nerves the way this game did, we might enjoy life that little bit more.

Personally, as a psycho-sick S.O.B. I will get Manhunt2 (probably on Wii) just because of the fact it could be fun, and very stress-releiving to play it.

Now where did I put that life-size Pikachu????
    This is not a signature

ELITE Staff Member
    My location

Space Invaders Champion, Flash Sprint Champion, Seconds Of Madness Champion, BMX Park Champion Submeg's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Woa....poor pikachu!
    Check out my blog - submeg.com/

Retro Addict Administrator
    My location

Burger Time Champion, Sonic Champion Harrison's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    I personally felt that the original Manhunt got slated by the critics and shops unfairly.

It was one of the very few games that truly dealt with death in a brutally honest way. I personally find games that have you hack, main and kill and then let you move on without any feeling of discomfort should be criticised for treating death as something inconsequential.

Manhunt was never a great game, but it sure as hell had an atmosphere that was terrifying. If only more games could eat away at the player's nerves the way this game did, we might enjoy life that little bit more.
    The first Manhunt was OK, but for me nothing in it was outstanding. Possibly Postal 2 was better, although that in itself wasn't all that great. The problem with this style of game is that it sells on the controversy and the hype generated by its brutal and violent content, but if not done perfectly is in danger of being a very flat experience that can quickly become tiresome.

As for its release on Wii, the danger isn't so much the direct violent interaction between man and controller when killing an enemy. But more the danger is the lack of power the Wii has so far exhibited in 3D environments. Looking at the current releases of first person shooter style games on the platform they have all looked dire, even when compared to the last generation of consoles, and the framerate and modelling quality has been some of the worst seen since the PS1 days.

For me I'm baffled as to why the Wii developers are not managing to get more out of the machine. It is after all meant to be 2 or 3 times more powerful in the graphics and CPU area than the Gamecube, and yet so far nothing looks or runs as smoothly as most games I saw on the Gamecube. Can the interactive motion tracking of the new control system really be taking that much processing power away from the system?

I really hope developers can prove that so far it is just bad development teams and the Wii hardware is not too blame. Yes the Wii is closer to the last generation than the next in terms of power and ability, but the last generation managed pretty well so, so should the Wii!

Will Nintendo ban Manhunt 2 before it gets released? Will Germany make them change the enemies into aliens with green blood? Will the American religious do gooders come out in protest and burn effigies of the Wii? Who knows? Actually who really cares?

If the game ends up being good and great fun to play then maybe, but if it turns out to be dire, then nope.

If you haven't played a classic game in years, it's never too late to start!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by v85rawdeal View Post
    Guess what game is due out on the soon-to-be-banned-before-release list???

Manhunt II... on the Wii...

check out the link...

Murder Simulator

Come on, Rockstar.. tell us this is an April Fools Joke...

This is DEFINITELY on my shopping list...

Damn... Am I a prophet, or what!!!!

Ah well, guess I am gonna have to resort to getting the 'Pocket Guide to Murder' instead... aka the PSP version!
    This is not a signature